Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have installed Virtuemart on a Ja Teline III powered template.
    Virtuemart has a Popup window that appears when the user clicks on the “Add to cart” button of a product.

However, In teline III this popup does not show up. The result is that users either click numerous times (adding a product per click) and end up getting 15 of the same products in their cart or they think the shopping cart is not working and they abandon the site.

Because the site we are working on is quite large, we have several staging sites where we test things. Among the staging sites there is one with a competely virgin Teline III demo installation. These are the results of my testing:

Staging 1: Clone of main site

a- Popup is not working
    b- I switched to the stock Teline III template I have on the site (A version of Teline III with no modification whatsoever) and it still doesn’t work
    c- I loaded a different template: Ja Purity, on the same site and the Popup works fine. That tells me that there is an incompatibility with Teline III and the VM Popup

Staging 2: Demo installation of Teline II virging

a- I istalled VM and I tried using the cart, again the popup doesn’t work
    b- Again I tried Ja Purity and the popup works fine.

I also tried saving the source HTML of the pages but the popup doesn;t work in that fashion. Basically, I tried saving the source of the JaPurity page (when it worked) and linking all the JS and CSS with a absolute URL to the actual files. This method often helps me troubleshoot JS conflicts and CSS conflicts, but it doesn’t work with the Popup. Once the source has been saved locally the popup no longer works so I can’t use this method.

Next, I am going to try to work on yet another staging website and methodically turn off every plugin. If that doesn’t work, I will go on to turn off everything I can or even take out the code from modules and components. But since I have done that before on another conflict, I know it takes a long time and if this issue has come up before, I’d rather wait for an answer hre.

I am sure I don;t need to stress this is an important matter for us.

Are you guys aware of this issue? Is there a fix?

Thank you.

corrado444 Friend

ZI wanted to post the results of my research so far.
    I found that the offending code in Ja Teline III is this line:

line: 771 #ja-container { z-index: 5; position: relative; }

The line number refers to the original template.css file.

I am now trying to fix the z-index without breaking the rest of the site.

Push comes to shove, I’ll try to take it out of the template.css file and insert it in the head of the template with a conditional attached to it. So it would not be valid if the site is on Virtuemart.

Now I am going to test how the site reacts without the Z-index of 5 in it. If it works…

I’ll keep you posted.

webbra Friend

Very important thing, hope you and Joomlart team can solve this sooner as possible for the community needs, good luck.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi there

In teline iii template, we do not support VM component.

If you find any problems, please submit a ticket, send us your live url, admin account, the screenshots so that i could have a closer look on the issue.

kris_395 Friend

I have exactly the same problem with Telline 3 and VM. For now I just disabled add cart pop up in VM confuguration. Please lets us know if you will find the fix.

Alan Kyne Perry Friend

hey, i got the same problem. my cart module in mega-item and there is no visibility how many products are in cart, so popup windows informing about it, would be very helpful.
    i saw it is marked up as ANSWERED, but what about solved? 🙂 i will be thankful for your help.

Alan Kyne Perry Friend

hi, i got patialy solution that after clicking add to cart site is going to checkout page. thanks to that it is everything reasonable for customers and there is continue shopping link there.
    so, turn off ajax add to cart function in configuration – site – layout – configuration
    good luck! if you will find solution with popup window let me know here. thanks!

instantinlaw Friend

In case anyone is still interested in a solution for this problem instead of a work around it is very simple and easy to do.

Open mooPrompt.css; found in the following path: components>com_virtuemart>js>mootools>mooPrompt.css

Find the following class:

.cbContainer {
    padding:5px;
    background-color:white;
    border: 2px solid gray;
    }

And change it to:

.cbContainer {
    padding:5px;
    background-color:white;
    border: 2px solid gray;
    z-index:999
    }

Don’t forget the Thank You button if this was helpful 🙂
    You can also mark Best Answer if it works for you 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum