Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello. Trying either Chrome or Firefox, I can’t get the menu assignment feature to work in my Teline III template, within Joomla 3.6.2. I can select and save a profile, but not a menu item. I can check the boxes to select menu items… then I click the "Select" button. Nothing is saved. The display doesn’t change. If I try to change an existing default assignment that the template came with… I can’t change it. I CAN change the profile, but not the menu item. I can’t create a new assignment at all.

I even tried changing the admin template to Hathor. No difference. Please help.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @dmu

Which profile are you referring to? and which page you want to use that profile?

dmu Friend

Profile is called "publication". I’m trying to assign it to some submenu items in Main Menu under the parent "Publications". I can’t assign it to ANY menu items though. I couldn’t create a new assignment at all… but was able to change one of the existing default assignments to "publication" profile. I can’t change the menu assignment associated with it though.

Saguaros Moderator

I can’t access front-end of your site now, there is error in DB, could you check?

dmu Friend

Didn’t see you had replied. You must have seen it at just a freak moment when it wasn’t loading. Please try again.

dmu Friend

I’ve found this file:
    /ja_teline_iii/params.ini

This seems to be where the menu assignments for the profiles are saved. I even manually edited this file but my changes do not show in the template admin.

Saguaros Moderator

The T3 framework is the latest version?

Please also notice that this template is not ready for J3.6.2, we’re still in progress of updating old templates to this latest version of Joomla.

dmu Friend

T3 Framework plugin shows version 2.7.3. I believe it is current.

I’ve had multiple support posts with you guys as we were building this site. Now we are near completion and you’re the first person to say that it won’t work well in Joomla 3.6. What all will not work in the latest Joomla? What is the latest version of Joomla that is recommended for this template? And can I just reload the Joomla files from the older version via FTP and be okay?

Saguaros Moderator

@dmu

May I know what is difference between ‘Publication’ profile and ‘Default’ profile? I see they have same positions.

Also send me the FTP account of your site for further checking.

dmu Friend

I need an IP address to whitelist on the firewall for FTP access.

I haven’t setup the publication profile yet because I can’t use it to see anything. That’s besides the point and I’m not worried about that. I just need the template to actually store the menu assignments so I can use that functionality. Currently I can’t use that at all.

Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dmu Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

Did you customize anything on your site or install 3rd party extension? or it just happen?

You can provide the FTP account so I will have a closer look.

dmu Friend

This morning, I found that it was displaying correctly again. I had not changed anything that would have made it display a handheld setup on a desktop. I played with it a while and couldn’t get anything to change. This morning it was back to normal though. Sigh… no idea…

Still the initial issue with this thread exists so please check it still. I’ll add FTP in a private reply.

dmu Friend
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum