Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Silly problem here, but I can’t work it out. I’m trying to install Teline III as a new template, and all is going well, but I can’t get the Front Page module to appear. Everything is enabled, articles are published and assigned to the Front Page, but nothing is showing up. Can someone take a look?

You can see the site at: http://www.racinepost.com/joomla2

Thanks, Dustin

sushismb Friend

Following the instructions properly would be the solution… make sure you’ve enabled them and assigned the module to the proper position.

1/ Install the module via Joomla Installer
    2/ Assign module to the position: {content-top}
    3/ Enable the module
    4/ Install and enable plugin Ja_Zin (required). You will find this plugin included in the download package.

deblock Friend

Thanks, sushismb. I did all of those steps, but still had odd results. Now the front page articles show up, but the Front Page module is a mess. The problem seems to be converting a Teline II template into Teline III. For example, I had to disable the “Breadcrumbs” module after activating the Teline III template. Figuring out what modules to keep and how to get them into shape is taking some time.

If anyone wants to take a look at where things stand, check out: http://www.racinepost.com/joomla2

Thanks much! Dustin

kibangkok Friend

<em>@deblock 145608 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, sushismb. I did all of those steps, but still had odd results. Now the front page articles show up, but the Front Page module is a mess. The problem seems to be converting a Teline II template into Teline III. For example, I had to disable the “Breadcrumbs” module after activating the Teline III template. Figuring out what modules to keep and how to get them into shape is taking some time.

If anyone wants to take a look at where things stand, check out: http://www.racinepost.com/joomla2

Thanks much! Dustin</blockquote>
    i think you have not adjust the configuation in module manager. please go and recheck it.

Module manager ->JA News Frontpage ->Layout style -> choose: telinIII.php

deblock Friend

Beautiful! Thank you! Now, I just have one more problem with the front page stories showing in duplicate. First, there’s the wonderful FP module, then there’s a repeat of the stories in a blog layout that I can’t track down. No other mods are enabled in the content-bot or content-top positions, but the stories are still there. Any thoughts?

http://www.racinepost.com/joomla2

sushismb Friend

You mean to say that you have the Front page module and the articles below it that is duplicated right?

Usually, for the front page articles, you can set it on menu – home. You can change the layout and the number of articles to post there. Try to change them to “0” to have them not to appear below the front page module.

kibangkok Friend

<em>@deblock 145614 wrote:</em><blockquote>Beautiful! Thank you! Now, I just have one more problem with the front page stories showing in duplicate. First, there’s the wonderful FP module, then there’s a repeat of the stories in a blog layout that I can’t track down. No other mods are enabled in the content-bot or content-top positions, but the stories are still there. Any thoughts?

http://www.racinepost.com/joomla2</blockquote>
    you have the same problem as mine. i do not use front page module of TelineIII. i uninstall it and use the Frontpage module from Teline II instead of it.

i aso do not use JA new 2 . i uninstall and use JA-new module of Teline II as well

All is very happy now. my sife is fine now.

deblock Friend

That did it! Thanks much … just had to adjust the Home menu. Thanks to all! 😀

kibangkok Friend

<em>@deblock 145661 wrote:</em><blockquote>That did it! Thanks much … just had to adjust the Home menu. Thanks to all! :D</blockquote>
    you are welcome.
    most you problems is the same as me. i was mad on the configuration for a long time. now. i done it.

Actually i love Teline III template. it is faster than Teline II. however, the front page of Teline III look too much complicated that cause visitor to take time to dowload the page. that it is why i love Ja new frontpage of former version.

i would like to advise you one thinng about the usersetting. if possible, please disable it becase it will cause the confusing view to the visitors

ricardomarx Friend

Friends,

I’m migrating from Teline II to Teline III and I believe that the plugin ja_zin has some problem but I can’t see it at the plugins menu to uninstall. If I try install again the system says that it’s already installed.

What files I need delete by hand to install it again?

If I don’t do it the Ja News FrontPage never show up :(.

Thanks for any help!

micrantha Friend

Hello ricardomarx,
    There is probably an entry in your database which you first have to delete.

Good luck,
    Micrantha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  micrantha 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum