Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

We’ll have to mod and update Teline ourselves. Any takers?

Menalto Friend

HAve you done any modifications to the teline you have now?Give me an email at joomlasupport@gmail.com

teetide Friend

Nope, Joomla noob here. Added a few components but no modifications.

What I’d like to do is make Teline look like http://www.cnn.com. Where the cnn site shows the Video capsule (upper right), I’d like to have a Photo gallery capsule tied to the RSGallery stuff like in Avium.

Sent you an email with more details.

Thanks for your support.

Menalto Friend

Got it, ill reply to you later today with some more info from me about it. Maybe all of you can come up with some ideas for what a custom teline should look like?

teetide Friend

Sounds good Menalto.

For anyone else who might read this, I simply want Teline available in a portal style rather than the online newspaper style.

Frankly, I’d be thrilled with a duplicate of the CNN site -. White rounded modules against a gray background, the news rotator aligned vertically rather than horizontally (and image linked to content), a Latest News module to the right of the rotator, and a Photo Gallery feature (see new Avium template) to go along with the Video feature (upper right). JA News could easily be tweaked to look like CNNs “More News” section.

The layout between CNN and Teline are already virtually identical. Teline just needs a few minor tweaks to to be converted to a portal style. Menalto could probably do it in the time it took me to type this message.

bigrk Friend

I agree with the ideas already mentioned here. Stuff like this may already be available from members who don’t frequent this forum. I think it would nice to have a Members Submission Forum where existing members submit their own modifications to templates or whatever for use by other members of the JA Templates Club. This actually happens at another popular template club.

teetide Friend

Menalto, your demo shows great promise. Keep it going.

bigrk Friend

<em>@TeeTide 37867 wrote:</em><blockquote>Menalto, your demo shows great promise. Keep it going.</blockquote>

Where is the demo?

kicr Friend

A Demo, come on menalto, give it to me …. us 😉

danstoc Friend

yeeppp… need it to for my web – still with teline http://www.sht-st.org

Menalto Friend

Here is what i have done with it: Moved top menu, added more module positions so you dont need to use ja-news. Added more module suffixes, added more module positions in the header, moved and changed the date, a new module position below the header so you can choose which “edition” of the template you wanna use(news and sports edition), two “headlights” modules above mainbody. And by click on the “sport” edition you get almost the same but a little different layout.Forgot the most important thing, its optimized for SEO so you get google on your neck:)

kicr Friend

Hey Menalto, that sounds nice. For better comprehension: Your version works without the ja-news module? This would be very, very nice! And SEO optimized is wonderful!

Can you give us a demo page??? Pleaseeeeeee… 😀

Menalto Friend

It works without the ja-news module, as infact i cant use that module, coz each time i open a page that uses that module the computer takes vacation.
    Gonna trow up a demo,just need to get the host to fix some ftp problems first and finalize the graphics for the fireboard.

danstoc Friend

yeah – would be nice if we can see this… thanks! 🙂

bigrk Friend

I like the sound of what you have done so far Menalto. With the inclusion of a forum and different layouts it should be awesome. I’m really anxious to see it. :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  newone 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum