Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am using JA Teline 2 and opted for the dropline menu. However, I would like the dropline bar to always be there because the page shifts up and down when you go from a link with submenus to one with none and I frankly find this annoying!!

I dont want split menu because I dont want page refresh.

Anyone cant point me in the right direction, assistance much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shane.

steenmf Friend

I´m setting up a Joomla 1.5 site with the Teline II template, using the Dropline menu system. My problem is that when linking from various components, like CB etc, I get thrown out of the main menu system ( the dropline menu).
    So f.ex. when I hit the dropline menu item “Community/CB member lists” I get the CB member lists, and the dropline menu is visible to show me where I am, – but when I then hit a member in that member list I get that members profile page, but now without the dropline menu open to show me that I am in “Community/CB member lists”.

I find this disturbing and bad for the navigation on the site – so I would be very grateful for any help with this problem.

Regards –

Omar Ramos JAEC

I found a solution to the dropline area disappearing when hovering over items that do not contain submenu items (this should only work when you are using the dropline menu option).

Go to your template.css file on line 907 and replace:

#ja-subnav {
    }

with:
    #ja-subnav {
    height: 2.4em;
    }

The reason I used em rather than pixels is because em is proportional to the text size, so if you use the font resize tool in the template, the subnav area will be modified accordingly (whereas with pixels it would be fixed and wouldn’t look quite so good).

Hope that helps you two!

steenmf Friend

Thanks for your answer! I´ve already tried it and it seems to work fine. Thanks for the help!

Sherlock Friend

hi all
    can i mark this topic is solved ?

steenmf Friend

Yes you can, thank you .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  steenmf 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum