Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am a little confuse as to the best way to install the template to get exactly demo of Teline II. When I reviewed the installation, I saw one tutorial for the quickstart, and another about installing JA templates.
    This is my situation, I have already installed joomla 1.5.7 through fantastico at my cp panel, so I have a joomla administrator backend for my site.
    My question is how do I install the teline package to get the look of the demo – do I follow the quickstart procedure, or just follow ‘how to install JA template.
    My goal is to get the look of the teline II demo

scotty Friend

Start from scratch. Delete the fantastico version (these are often out of date).

The quickstart zip is the entire demo version INCLUDING joomla. So you do not need to install Joomla first.

If you want to run it in your root directory (usually public_html) then just upload the contents of the quickstart zip to there and go to http://www.yoursite.com to run the install.

If you want it at http://www.yoursite.com/test then create a folder in public_html called test and upload the contents to there.

Make sure when running the install that you select ‘Install sample data

akwasi_c Friend

Can I install the quickstart from the joomla backend instead of deleting the fantastico installed joomla. By the way fantastico came with my cp panel and have an option to upgrade joomla to the latest version.

mj1256 Friend

no, if you want the demo, you must uninstall the fantastico version

the quickstart is a FULL INSTALL OF JOOMLA with the template and all the demo content installed.

James Waddell Friend

As a non-techy this has been a challenging exercise. Please may I share the following additional steps for the less informed Joomlart template user. (JoomlArt Customer Service
    Hai Nguyen has approved this posting).

Instruction set to install a Joomlart template on a new Web site host:

1 Do not install the standard version of Joomla on your Web site host. If you have delete it using Fantastico. ( I am using Siteground Hosting Services)

2 Download the Joomla Art template to your PC.
    2.1 Double click on the templatename_for_Joomla_1.5_v1.6.zip and copy the templatename_quickstart_j15.zip to your Windows folder. Do not extract all the files.

3 If you are running Windows Vista and have not got an FTP application, type FTP into the Windows help and select ‘Work with files on an FTP site’ and follow the instructions to set up FTP to your Web site.

4 Upload your templatename_quickstart_j15.zip using your FTP facility to your public_html folder using copy from your PC file system to your Web host file system. This can be seen by loging on to your site administration using cPanel and the File Manager options. CPanel File Manager upload stopped working at about 4MB, but the FTP method worked fine.

5 When the templatename_quickstart_j15.zip has been uploaded extract the file using File Manager and Extract button.

6 Go to the mySQL Wizard on CPanel and work through the screens to setup a mySQL database, printing out the password and username and password details you set up for future reference if you want.

7 Open an Internet browser and go to your web site http://www.mysite.com and you will be greeted with the Joomla Installation program.

8 Work through the screens, noting usernames and passwords created for the Joomla site Admin and Install. At the end use File Manager to delete the Installation Folder in the public_html folder.

9 Use your Internet browser to access your web site http://www.mysite.com and hey presto you will have a copy of the demo template on your Web site!

I hope this saves you hours of hair pulling frustration and confusion. Have a nice day!:)

scotty Friend

waddelljb;907578 At the end use File Manager to delete the Installation Folder in the public_html folder.

Tip: I think it is a better idea to rename this folder to ~Installation. Then if something goes wrong you just need to delete your config file, and rename ~Installation back to Installation to reinstall from scratch. Then when you are sure everything is right delete it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum