Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anyone happen to know how to get the article tags to show up in blog view/category view? I have looked around the article/category configuration, and also the specific menu items to see if there is some setting for “show tags”, and found only one place to set them to show. This result only in making the tags show up in article item view (full view).

I would like to have the tags show up in category/blog view also. Anyone able to help?

I am sure this is just me beeing blind, but have to ask for help :-[

Hayden A Friend

@guffas ,
    <blockquote>I would like to have the tags show up in category/blog view also</blockquote>
    Please add these lines of code:
    [PHP]<?php if ($this->params->get(‘show_tags’, 1) && !empty($this->item->tags)) : ?>
    <?php $this->item->tagLayout = new JLayoutFile(‘joomla.content.tags’); ?>
    <?php echo $this->item->tagLayout->render($this->item->tags->itemTags); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>[/PHP]
    to the templatespurity_iiihtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php or xblog_item.php file.

guffas Friend

Thanks Hayden.

Can you tell me exactly on what line number in those files I should add your code?

guffas Friend

I have discovered some problems with the tag functionality, some published tags work, other published tags dont work. I don’t know if this is a joomla issue, or something related to Purity III. I will have to investigate further, and then come back to this thread.

Hayden A Friend

@guffas,
    I need to debug directly on your site, please PM me url, admin and ftp credentials of your site

rallred Friend

I’m also having issues with getting tags to show when I create a category blog list. I tried inserting the above code into the correct file, but no change happened. Tags appear in the article, but not on the list of articles.

rallred Friend

I’m also having issues with getting tags to show when I create a category blog list. I tried inserting the above code into the correct file, but no change happened. Tags appear in the article, but not on the list of articles.

rallred Friend

Adam M Moderator

Hi @rallred,

May I know your site url and link to the page where I can check the problem ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rallred 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum