Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello my install is joomla 1.5.23 Ja Raite

On joomla editor my simple html tables style show however when I publish they disappear and are not visible, all table style are gone and it’s all white/blank.

<table border=”1″ bordercolor=”#0D9FC4″ width=”100%”>

has anyone ran in to this and can this be fixed?

Thanks for any help!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

In order to “save” your html tags you should set TinyMCE not to strip code from tinymce plugin settings!
    An other option is to disable your editor while editing html (creating a custom html module etc).

I hope that helps you out!

Regards

Manos

Update: here is a screen shot for you

1. tinimce
    Juan Carlos Stauring Friend

Hi Manos,
    Nice trick I just learned for when my html gets stripped, thanks. This however is not the problem. The html does not get stripped by the editor. It is simply not showing on the front end of the webpage. If I switch template it works. So I think this has to do with the css of Raite???

Regards and thank you!
    jc

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please include a link to your site and some admin access so i can check this issue?

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi,

You can add this code to template.css

.article-content tr,
    .article-content td {
    border: solid 1px #0D9FC4; // You can set the color to what ever you like
    }

P.S. I suggest that you upgrade your editor to the latest version (JCE is more pref for such issues).

Regards

Manos

thank you!
    will do.

i noticed the only problem with this method to fix this issue is that all tables, invisible (no background color or border color) or not will have this css style. What’s in this template that prevents html for tables being displayed? is there a better solution for this? thanks in advance :confused:

Manos Moderator

Hi,

you could add some CSS code to typo.css

Please try this:

.ja-typo-table {
    border-collapse: separate;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e4e2df;
    background: #F7F7F7;
    }

.ja-typo-table td {
    border: 1px solid #dee0e0;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    border-top: 1px solid #fdfcfb;
    border-left: none;
    }

.ja-typo-table tr.last td {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #fdfcfb;
    }

.ja-typo-table thead th {
    background:#f5f5f2;
    border-right: 1px solid #dcdbda;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #bab5ab;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    color:#685d54;
    line-height:30px;
    }

.ja-typo-table td.last,
    .ja-typo-table th.last {
    border-right: 0;
    }

And here is an example on how to use this on an article:

<table style="width: 100%;" class="ja-typo-table table-grey" border="0"><colgroup><col width="20%" /><col width="20%" /><col width="60%" /></colgroup>
    <thead>
    <tr><th class="first" scope="col">Title</th><th scope="col">Author</th><th class="last" scope="col">Decription</th></tr>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class="first">Anna Karenina</td>
    <td>Leo Tolstoy</td>
    <td class="last">Anna Karenina is a novel published in serial installments from 1873 to 1877 in the periodical. The Russian Messenger.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="first">Madame Bovary</td>
    <td>Gustave Flaubert</td>
    <td class="last">Madame Bovary is Gustave Flaubert's first published novel and is considered his masterpiece.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="first">War and Peace</td>
    <td>Leo Tolstoy</td>
    <td class="last">War and Peace, a Russian novel by Leo Tolstoy, is considered one of the greatest works of fiction. [1] It is regarded, along with Anna Karenina (1873–1877), as Tolstoy's finest literary achievement.</td>
    </tr>
    <tr class="last">
    <td class="first">Lolita</td>
    <td>Vladimir Nabokov</td>
    <td class="last">Lolita is a novel by Vladimir Nabokov, first written in English and published in 1955 in Paris, later translated by the author into Russian and published in 1958 in New York.</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

thank you this works very good for me 🙂

Manos Moderator

I am glad that this helps you out!

I suggest you take a look on those articles if you need some more info/typo tricks for your content !
    http://www.joomlart.com/blog/joomla-templates/web-typography-showcase-joomla-k2-component-ja-blog-explained

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum