Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

T3v3 adds hours to my time when building sites, it’s more difficult to manage and as far as I am aware there are no benefits what so ever. Please can we have new templates with the option of T3v2 as well as T3v3 because I would much prefer to use old one.

I think that v3 mega menu settings are absolutely shocking, before I could set up my menu items and do all the extra settings in one go with no problem or messing around. Now I have to add menu item, then go to template manager and start messing around.

I don’t understand how this could be better for anyone, could someone explain to me how it’s better?

Also how the hell do I go about making a group, I watched the videos but I have 4 menu items that I want in a group and then when I make a new group item there is no option to then put my existing menu items under that group.

There is no way to re-arrange the menu items easily (have to do it in menu manager) and then when I re-order them some of them disappear from the template manager menu settings!!!

There is no description for menu items in v3, adding images to menu items is more difficult and just generally lacks the best features of v2.

v3 also can’t handle “text seperators” which I use quite a lot

I thought upgrades were meant to improve things, not make them worse!

So for now lets have some templates using v2!!!!! (rant over:)

Scott Lavelle Friend

Hey – I have some features of the new framework that I’m liking:
    1. Responsive by design
    2. Built on Bootstrap – even though I’m not thoroughly familiar with it
    3. “easier” adjustment of the modules. If you want to use the standard layouts that are provided, it’s a bit easier to envision; if you want to add your own, you have to go to the code, but really it was just the code that was being exposed in the backend in a “not so great” editor, but at least in one place rather than many.
    4. The mega menu seems like it’s “not ready for primetime”, but at least it’s there now and looks like it will be easier to deal with than the v2 megamenu settings, which are a bit wierd until you understand them.

I’m not yet using the new framework for production sites because I’m not familiar with its idiosyncracies, but building a little demo site using it to get the practice and learn the ropes. I will do a small site on it first.

Like everything new, there is definitely a learning curve – such as how the profiles/pages work, how to format the mega menu, and the LESS files instead of just straight CSS – but I think it will be better in the long run.

As I’m learning, I’m also looking at putting together some training videos to explain my interpretation of how to build templates using the system. Everything I build now is based on T3v2, but I look forward to some of these features in v3.

It’s also a challenge if you try to use Joomla 3.0 if you don’t know it compared to 2.5, so I’m working on that kind of seperately since putting new sites on 3.0 may not be the best idea until there is a long-term release for the generation.

Hope that helps in some way.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Lavelle 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum