Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

T3 framework extra fields is really great to use, but I noticed using JA Jason that if the field is empty, it still displays, and for my use, I did not want to use all extra fields on all items.

So I made a little change in com_content/article/portfolio.php, instead of :

<li class="info">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTENT_TYPE_LABEL'); ?></span>
    <?php echo $extrafields['jcontent_type'] ?>
    </li>

I wrote :

<?php if (empty($extrafields['jcontent_type'])) {

} else { ?>
    <li class="info">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('TPL_CONTENT_TYPE_LABEL'); ?></span>
    <?php echo $extrafields['jcontent_type'] ?>
    </li>
    <?php } ?>

which I think is quite a good enhancement, now if the field is empty, the row is not shown on frontend.

Hope this could be usefull.

Best regards,
    David

sanuss Developer

Hi,

I want to add extra fields in administrator article page. How to do this? Give me a solution for this.

Regards
    sanuss
    co worker

pepperstreet Friend

Nice tip. Much appreciated.

Since you seem to work with extra-fields on an advanced level… do you have a clue, how to get them on frontend submission !? Nobody seems to care about this essential feature. I have heard from other extensions/developers that Joomla core does not provide the same features for frontend as for backend forms. Is this true?

But some 3rdparty extensions seem to find a way to display extra fields on fronted submission? Maybe through “System plugins”, events and helper include files in the overrides…

I really wonder why Joomlart has no solution?

Thanks in advance.

pepperstreet Friend

Nice tip. Much appreciated.

Since you seem to work with extra-fields on an advanced level… do you have a clue, how to get them on frontend submission !? Nobody seems to care about this essential feature. I have heard from other extensions/developers that Joomla core does not provide the same features for frontend as for backend forms. Is this true?

But some 3rdparty extensions seem to find a way to display extra fields on fronted submission? Maybe through “System plugins”, events and helper include files in the overrides…

I really wonder why Joomlart has no solution?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pepperstreet 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum