Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I try to use JA Putity ii with Joomla .5.15 and php 5.2.12. All worked until, I try to activate the jamenuparams plugin.

In the frontend, I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mnt/139/sdc/5/2/gerard/test/plugins/system/plg_jamenuparams.php on line 95

Do you have an idea to solve the problem?

Best regards

moisessdm Friend

I have the same problem… anyone know how to solve?

edd Friend

Same problem for me :((

I’m not the only one :confused:

Any idea?…

Thanks

edd.-

edd Friend

Hi guys…

I had some replys from Joomlart team, making some changes in the plg_jamenuparams.php file, and nothing works… it seems the problem comes from PHP4… so if you want to use this template your host must be turning on PHP5
    I made a test in a host using PHP5 and the temlate works like a charm.

Sorry, but it must be relayed that the template Purity II doesnt work with PHP4.

drumuh Friend

@edd pls read the post from the thread opener again, he is using the latest version of php5.2
    so his problem can not be a php4 issue 🙂
    and sry but any webhost that use php4 at this time is still an idiot^^ php4 is unsupported for more than 1 year now and still have various bugs…

an other question is, you say the template not works with php4, why it is writen in php4? or why do developer still write code in php4 and sometimes use things that are only work with php5 🙂

@geugeu have you test it with an other version of php5? my host uses actuall 5.2.9 and i not have this error, maybe the php guys have change something

viet4777 Friend

Please give more details: what is the text you are posting in the menu item? maybe It makes us more clear.
    😎
    <em>@drumuh 162860 wrote:</em><blockquote>@edd pls read the post from the thread opener again, he is using the latest version of php5.2
    so his problem can not be a php4 issue 🙂
    and sry but any webhost that use php4 at this time is still an idiot^^ php4 is unsupported for more than 1 year now and still have various bugs…

an other question is, you say the template not works with php4, why it is writen in php4? or why do developer still write code in php4 and sometimes use things that are only work with php5 🙂

@geugeu have you test it with an other version of php5? my host uses actuall 5.2.9 and i not have this error, maybe the php guys have change something</blockquote>

rvrepro Friend

hello !

you simply write it in a notepad:
    SetEnv register_globals 0
    SetEnv ZEND_OPTIMIZER 1
    SetEnv magic_quotes 1
    SetEnv PHP_VER 5

Then you save: htacces.txt then you transferred via ftp to the root and renamed : .htaccess

and it works!

drumuh Friend

<em>@rvrepro 163829 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello !

you simply write it in a notepad:
    SetEnv register_globals 0
    SetEnv ZEND_OPTIMIZER 1
    SetEnv magic_quotes 1
    SetEnv PHP_VER 5

Then you save: htacces.txt then you transferred via ftp to the root and renamed : .htaccess

and it works!</blockquote>
    from where you have this settings copied? (when you have this from your hosting provider then you better leave him^^)

made my day xD
    when you really have the error the thread opener have than only seeting that helps you is the
    SetEnv PHP_VER 5
    and only if your host really runs php4 on the server aswell… the other 3 settings are complete bullshit in solving this error
    also not everyone can use SetEnv…

mando Friend

Same problem for me too

please help us my website and back-end tell me that error

<blockquote>Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/******/public_html/plugins/system/plg_jamenuparams.php on line 95</blockquote>

please help

mando Friend

I want to know the reason of this problem (error ) from my site or in the plugin

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Please download the plugin again and try reinstalling. You can find the plugin in the downloaded zip. Unzip and search for ” plg_system_jamenuparams.zip”. Reinstall it and check again.

Arvind

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum