Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Concerning the end of this thread (http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/search-is-re-initializing-selected-criterias/) that we started when our hosting provider temporarily switched to PHP 5.4.

Finally, our hosting provider is going to switch permanently from PHP 5.3.26 to PHP 5.4.24 and from MySQL 5.1 to MySQL 5.5 real soon. Here is a screenshot i took in the wiki-joomlart :

I was wondering if it is going to work or if there has been any development on this issue.

Thanks

1. wiki.joomlart
    HeR0 Friend

I’m not entirely sure that this component can work fine on PHP 5.4 because this extension has some “Strick standard” issues on this PHP version. So you should disable all “Error Reporting” in php setting if you want to use the new PHP version. We are will take further consideration into this.
    It would be best if you check on your local before upgrading on your live site.

Good luck.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello Hero,

Thanks for the reply.
    Our host switched this morning to the new PHP and MySQL version and we have multiple frontend errors : when adding a new job, when updating profile and when an employer want to register.

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/nc99486/public_html/components/com_jajobboard/asset/rendfield.php on line 573

How can we fix that without disabling the errors ?

Thanks

HeR0 Friend

@ Jpcharbonneau,

I am afraid for not being of help at the moment. Our Dev Team has put this into consideration, however I am not in a position to confirm whether the feature will be added. Hope you understand our situation.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Could we have an answer as soon as possible ? This is an urgent topic.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello Hero,

We understand, but we would really like you to address the frontend errors, because it is only one file to fix : /components/com_jajobboard/asset/rendfield.php on line 573.

This php version is becoming more and more used and you really should correct the errors so your product works for everyone.

We need to take some decisions regarding this site so we need to know when this could be addressed.

We are going to start another post to log all of the errors we found backend, this way we hope to help you to fix everything. We are here to answer any questions and to help if we can.

Thanks

HeR0 Friend

Dear JP,

If possible, pls PM me your site credentials, i will have a look.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello HeR0,

we had to migrate our site due to the errors in the frontend and backend. Our client is putting pressure on us to fix the problem so thanks for helping. I have PM you the information you will need.

To reach the frontend errors you will have to log in as an employer, i sent you the username and password in PM (you have to log out as super-user to access this). Here are the steps :

click on “GUIDE ENTREPRISES”

Enter the username and password and click connexion

If you click on the second menu item “Publication d’un nouveau poste” you see this :

And we also see the errors in the third menu item “Gestion de vos informations d’entreprise” scroll down and click on the pen to modify:

you see this :

Thanks again for helping us, if you have any questions don’t hesitate.

1. Screenshot-1
    2. Screenshot-2
    3. Screenshot-3
    4. Screenshot-5
    5. Screenshot-4
    HeR0 Friend

Let me try and will be back to you then.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello,

I would like to know if there has been any development on this issue please.

Thanks

HeR0 Friend

I already checked your site and just PM you for FTP credentials. Please check your inbox.

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello HeR0,

Did you find a way to fix our problem ?

And please don’t forget this thread too :

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/backend-bug-report-due-to-php-5-4-24/

Thanks again

jpcharbonneau Friend

Hello,

We would like to have some news about this problem.

We think it is an issue that you are going to have to correct. Our provider send us this by email : Please note that the PHP 5.3 series will enter an end of life cycle and receive only critical fixes as of March 2013. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4. PHP 5.3.20 is recommended for those wishing to remain on the 5.3 series.

We are ready to work with you to fix this but we need to do this really soon (we have been waiting for your answers a long time).

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jpcharbonneau 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum