Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello. I am using T3 Blank default.

I want to have the home page using spotlight positions only, but I get a blank space between the two rows where the component info normally appears, although I have nothing posted to that position. Can you turn the component section off, as you can in Gantry?

Thanks

Ian

Scott Lavelle Friend

Take a look at the folder here: /templates/t3_blank/tpls and find the file that holds the layout in question…using the default.php as en example, I believe you’d want to remove this line

<?php $this->loadBlock ('mainbody') ?>

The corresponding php called mainbody.php is found in the blocks folder under that. You could either remove the whole line to keep that php file from being called into the layout, or edit the mainbody.php file to be what you want it to be if you don’t want to get rid of the whole thing – like to remove the way a column behaves or whatever.

I didn’t test what I’m saying here, but I believe this is how it would work.

Does that help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

phong nam Friend

Hi ianmol,

With T3 Blank default, go to templatest3_blanktpls, you see that default.php contains block layouts of current style.
    In front-end you still see blank between two rows of component info because of existing of block “main-body” in middle.
    My suggestion that you should remove line:

<jdoc:include type="component" />
    in blocksmainbody.php

Regards,

Leo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum