Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Maybe it’s just because I am also a Pro member at Rockettheme.com where posts are answered the by the next day, but the support on this forum is just plain lame…I realize that I have just arrived her a few days ago but so far none of my posts have been answered and hardly even viewed for that matter. Is anyone aware that there are currently at least 500 unanswered posts on this forum! That is incredible…

I’m starting to regret purchasing a year to JA.

Josh

desdevlover Friend

I guess this thread also will not answered. JA team is too busy to make new 2 templates per month. Support is a big problem here.

Menalto Friend

Im just a simpel moderator here, but i cant reach trough every post posted, but if there is any specific things just give me a PM and ill try to help you out as i can

Michael Casha Friend

We’re still improving the support methods in which we provide, however a lot of old posts such as those 500 are still unanswered. We will resolve those as soon as possible.

bigrk Friend

I made the same post or observation a month ago http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/500-posts-unanswered/. I became a member back in May for a year and things really haven’t changed in this area since then. I was as surprised as you are being a current member at RT also. There are a few who will try to help but sometimes you need someone really in the know to answer your question. If no one answers it means the usual group of maybe 10 or so just don’t know. And then no one from JA goes through these and they just sit. I went through a bunch a while back and it seems some found their answers and some have just disappeared but I found a couple that still had their problem and were stunned that someone finally answered. Amazing as it seems the public forums are always answered and by JA Staff until they suck you in and then disappear.

perdu Friend

Yes templates are nice but support is really bad, even when you report a bug in a template there’s seldom any response let alone a fix from JA. On the other hand the forum is often flooded with requests for support that have nothing to do with the actual templates and are something a quick search on the Joomla.org forums would solve.

jsprague Friend

Though i’m no pro at Joomla, I will do my best to help out around here and do my part.

Josh

Michael Casha Friend

If you have an unanswered post, send us an email with a link to the post and we’ll take a look for ya!

bluecafe Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 24928 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you have an unanswered post, send us an email with a link to the post and we’ll take a look for ya!</blockquote>

For example the missing file ja_vm_cat_browse.php in the most recent template ja-larix.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-larix-readme-bug-reports/

It doesn’t even require an answer just a quick upload … 🙂

ErikThorsen Friend

@josh,

Great, the more people we can get in here the better it will be! I have answered numerous requests and also as noted earlier here, there are so many “non-template” related questions here. I am sure that 200 of those unanswered are like that.

Either way, support needs to improve and I do belive it has been improved but still there are issues.

I am anxiously waiting to see what the future brings. 1-2 more moderators and a bit more active JA-team would fix this in no time I think.

bigrk Friend

I agree Erik! Just a little more effort by JA will put this issue into the past.

switt44 Friend

Greetings Joomers

:(( check this post from March;

apparently promises of improvement have again been forgotten by JA staff!

i’m personally still waiting for the improved service/support before I re-new…
    i’d urge other potential members to do the same.

if you’re a developer and/or very skilled at Joomla, you’ll love the style
    & diversity of the templates, but if you think there will be any kind of
    support by the PAID JA-staff, dream-on… develop your skills, so you can help yourself
    or rely on the excellent, but overworked volunteers..

still hangin’ around, but will not re-new till the support problem is fixed.
    i’ve previously offered many potential solutions, including an idea for a Wiki of JA template help & tutorials.
    (the tutorials they offer are good, but very limited & dated)

this template market is very competitive and those Joomla 3rd party businesses that realize
    repeat customers are the core component of any successful business model will be around
    years from now–all style & little or no support does not = long term success.

pay attention to the churn of JA, it’s apparent that JA is looking to grow with new customers
    not with those that have already paid and now expect some support.

sWitt–OUT!

bigrk Friend

I have never seen the post that you linked to. I guess it’s still pretty much the same but we can hope for change.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@switt44 25291 wrote:</em><blockquote>Greetings Joomers

:(( check this post from March;

apparently promises of improvement have again been forgotten by JA staff!

i’m personally still waiting for the improved service/support before I re-new…
    i’d urge other potential members to do the same.

if you’re a developer and/or very skilled at Joomla, you’ll love the style
    & diversity of the templates, but if you think there will be any kind of
    support by the PAID JA-staff, dream-on… develop your skills, so you can help yourself
    or rely on the excellent, but overworked volunteers..

still hangin’ around, but will not re-new till the support problem is fixed.
    i’ve previously offered many potential solutions, including an idea for a Wiki of JA template help & tutorials.
    (the tutorials they offer are good, but very limited & dated)

this template market is very competitive and those Joomla 3rd party businesses that realize
    repeat customers are the core component of any successful business model will be around
    years from now–all style & little or no support does not = long term success.

pay attention to the churn of JA, it’s apparent that JA is looking to grow with new customers
    not with those that have already paid and now expect some support.

sWitt–OUT!</blockquote>
    We’ve..

> Setup a new support system
    > Added and changed forum locations around (still doing)
    > Added some new backend features so we can get info about your account easier
    > Added new moderators who volunteer, however are rewarded.

kallan Friend

Hi Miccas,

I volunteered to help out and other than the initial response to say thanks will be in touch to let you know i havn’t heard anything – even after i sent another pm to ask what was happening.

– on a positive note I am online a lot and see the moderators doing a fantastic job at answering threads with appropriate and helpful responses. Thanks 🙂

Kiwidesign

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  tiggers 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum