Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Do you have a great templates, you are one of the leaders in the development of the Joomla Framework. But I have one "but".

Magic of templates lies in the fact that will save a lot of time. I understand it is not possible to integrate any third-party extensions. But the Internet is all about reading. Please support these basic extensions. Especially K2 and ideally also EasyBlog. Recently (about one year), you almost ceased to support K2. It’s a great shame for us and for you.

Yes, the new Joomla 3.x already contains elements from K2. Yes, is not unfortunately at all clear when will the new version of K2. Yet perhaps all the other creators of the templates have support for K2 and sometimes for EasyBlog. Our sites that we create always are with items on K2. K2 is still better for us than articles in Joomla 3.x.

We have a layout extension K2 (or EasyBlog) Edit ourselves? So why buy a template? Please do not force us to Joomla articles, give us a choice.

I waited (in vain) to support the K2 in awesome template JA Teline V. Very please at least support the K2 template JA Magz II. Or at least, please help. How do I create a Category Color (JA Extra fields tab) for the categories of K2?

Very please for help.

Have a nice day.

Best regards, Jan

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan,

Many thanks for taking your time to let us know your suggestion. I passed this matter to development team so they can discuss about it and update to development plan. Actually I myself also concern about adding support for K2 and EasyBlog as well (at the moment you still be able to install K2 and EasyBlog to your site and use them without any problem, but it somehow is not enough). We truly appreciate your advice and glad to hear from you if there’s anything we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Adam.

Jan Friend

Hi Adam,

also many thanks for the quick reply. I’m sorry, but I need a more accurate answer. I got a similar response a year ago for the template Teline V and then I was still waited. And result? K2 support for template Teline V not and will not. Now I don’t wanna again wait, wait and wait. In today’s fast moving times it is not possible to wait XY months.

Ok, I do not need support for K2 and EasyBlog templates for Portfolio, Business, Store, etc. There maybe may suffice Joomla Article. But for templates type Magazine, News, Blog I need Joomla Article, K2 and EasyBlog.

So please once again, will at least for the template JA Magz II support for K2 (ideal also for EasyBlog)? If so, when? In the event that support for K2 is not and will not, how do I create a Category Color (JA Extra fields tab) for the categories of K2 (for JA Magz II)?

I look forward to your response and have a nice day.

Best regards, Jan

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan,

Just got a reply from our development team. At the moment, we won’t provide extended style for existing templates but we will add them in future templates.

About the category color, you can check it in our documentation here.

Jan Friend

Oh it’s a shame… I hope will soon be a template for News and Magazine with support for K2 and EasyBlog.

How to set color category I read in the Template Installation. But this is a manual for Joomla Article. I need a color category for category K2.

I ask for the third time… You advise me or not?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan,

Sorry for such inconvenient but at the moment the template hasn’t supported K2 yet so it’s not possible to implement the color category feature for K2.

Best regards,

Adam.

k2joom Friend

Just a bit of advise.
    It can be misleading to say the template does not support K2, or any extension.

The template will work with K2, it is just that JoomlArt do not always provide 3rd party custom template over rides for it.

K2, Easyblog or any other 3rd party extension can be "customised" via template over rides, to match the installed template and style.

JoomlArt used to lead the way with K2 template over rides.
    Some may even remember K2Joom used JoomlArt JA_Events back in September 2010 when we first collaborated and I released the official K2 documentation for Joomlaworks.

Times change, K2 is still a great component, but Joomla has started to catch up with it’s features and support is lacking.
    I still have big demand to create custom K2 template over rides for all major template providers, there are a lot of users.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan,

Let me check at my end to see if I can assist you in customize this part and I will reply back shortly.

Hi @k2joom,

Many thanks for your suggestion, I discussed with development team about this matter, the extended styles for 3rd party extensions like K2, EasyBlog, etc … will be included in our next templates. We truly appreciate all your advice, suggestion and if you still have any question, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Adam.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Could you please edit the thread, then provide your site url with temporary admin account there so I can have a look first ?

dannyblaq Friend

A lot of times users that pay for templates like myself who paid about $300 for JA Magz II but K2 is not considered within this template as one of the key features not integrated in their functionality of the home page is not not really a bonus. The Joomla CC lacks tremendously and if I had known that there was no integration, I think I would have not paid this.

I could have just picked another template somewhere else for cheaper who integrate K2 and paid someone to provide the feature or do it myself.

People like myself use templates in order to save time and I don’t have a problem paying for the work but I found it some what disappointing that there is absolutely no integration or plan to make it available especially for a template like JA Magz II which relies on content.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jan, @dannyblaq,

Although I got a response from our development team that we will add K2 support in next template but since there are more and more requests for this matter, I’m going to check this case personally to see if I can at least create an usable version to let you use K2 in JA Magz II.

I’m going to put this thread on hold for a while and will update frequently about the process. Please feel free to let me know if you have any question or there’s anything I can assist you with.

Best regards,

Adam.

vecdom Friend

K2 styling should be included moving forward period.

K2 component is solid! It’s been stable for years and I’m yet to break it on Joomla update.

It’s also easier to manage the site over the years as Joomla templates don’t mess with the structure or functionality of k2 as all k2 layouts are contained writhing its own overrides.

JACM should support it too.

Personally I would prefer to see simpler sites that offer uniqueness in styling, typography and more options for JACM.

Home pages and specific purpose pages could be made unique with different JACM layouts and functionality. Dynamic content in JACM and K2 for homepage would really speed up development.

With combination of these two elements we could truly achieve the looks we want and management would be much more simplified.

One main thing I noticed is JA spends time recreating features k2 already has (along with user base), why do it even if you can accomplish them in native Joomla!?

Enhancing Joomla! should be Joomla!’s job.

I think a lot of members would rather see new features in templates and JACM module.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @vecdom,

Many thanks for your suggestion, I will note your advice for this task and pass them to development team so they can adjust the plan and update accordingly.

Qvsoft Friend

You can use King Content CCK to replace K2, it has all features that K2 has, even more powerful, and King Content supports to migrate from K2, Content. And its template support bootstrap 3 from the core, so you can install in on any Joomlart template, it will match the template without any style change. I hope to see JA Magz II and future Joomlart template include the King Content in the demo template, so your users have more choices.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Qvsoft 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum