Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

How often would we like to see examples of a website created from a particular template – either for examples or for inspiration for our own projects?
    Sometimes it is not always clear which template was used from the thread title alone.

I’m thinking it might be a useful idea to create specific subsection within the Member Showcase section for the respective templates. That way, members can post their creations within the respective template sections from which they built their website – thus also making it easier for people to check out based on a particular website.

Whataya think?

🙂

mfcphil Friend

I think it simple enough for people to name the template first in the title and then their site.

For example.

JA MesoliteMy New Site

Site description and url link

TomC Moderator

Way to shoot a brutha down.

:((

:p

jwellman Friend

<em>@mfcphil 71712 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think it simple enough for people to name the template first in the title and then their site.

For example.

JA MesoliteMy New Site

Site description and url link</blockquote>
    It would be simple enough if they would actually do it that way… but they don’t. 😉

questbg Friend

In principal, this is a fine idea. However, that makes for a lot of work for a Moderator to create the sub-sections and then move every existing site into the appropriate area!

Glad I’m not a Mod 😉

teetide Friend

I agree wholeheartedly with Reverend Tom on this one. Template specific sections would be fabulous.

wicky Friend

http://www.rockettheme.com/option,com_smf/Itemid,190/topic,30655.0/

this is a compilation of member sites, by subject and by template. I hope that joomlart can do it this way, so you can quickly browse by subject or by template

anisjolly Friend

great idea.

we can show everyone that you’re not limited to how the site looks just because the template is the way it is.

get’s those creative juices flowing (if you know what I mean?)

mfcphil Friend

<em>@wicky 76295 wrote:</em><blockquote>http://www.rockettheme.com/option,com_smf/Itemid,190/topic,30655.0/

this is a compilation of member sites, by subject and by template. I hope that joomlart can do it this way, so you can quickly browse by subject or by template</blockquote>

Rocket themes are improving a lot

jwellman Friend

I really like Rocket Theme’s idea. It would be a lot of work for a mod to keep up with but it would be an awesome feature to have.
    <em>@mfcphil 76345 wrote:</em><blockquote>Rocket themes are improving a lot</blockquote>
    My sister and I were shopping there the other day. Their newer templates are starting to show more creativity. I look for them to continue to improve.

mfcphil Friend

Jessica’s Journal is looking better all the time too!! :p

jwellman Friend

Thanks McPhil! I love that site. I’ve always done work for others and this is the first time in 10 years I can actually play with my own site and have fun doing it. We test a few beta things on the site as well. I know the site doesn’t get much traffic (who really wants to listen to my ramblings) but it is fun for me and that’s all that really matters. When I’m dead and gone perhaps my relatives will have written documents proving just how mean I really was. :p

mj1256 Friend

going back to the original topic

add my support also, I’d click the agree or disagree button, but I can’t find it!

jwellman Friend

<em>@mj1256 76354 wrote:</em><blockquote>going back to the original topic</blockquote>
    Sorry Mj :-*
    A mod wouldn’t really have to start it. A forum member could volunteer and keep it up… something similar to what we did here Forum Topic started four years ago The volunteer I assigned has sort of let things slide but it’s a suggestion.

2Patrick Friend

Yes definitely a good idea

We can see immediately what template was used and how it is being used.

Hopefully it gets implemented!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  shertmann 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum