Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Here’s my site:

http://www.oaklandyellowjackets.org/joomla/

When I open it in IE7, the background on the subnav images is far too transparent, so much so that you can hardly read the menu items. It works perfectly in FF3. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Also, in all browsers, the menu opens behind flash, so If I embed a movie in an article, for example, the menu will be obscured behind the object. If there’s a simple way to solve that, please let me know.

thanks,

Andrew

cd1999 Friend

Can somene please help us with that problem. I have simmilar issue with menu beeing too transparent in JA Topaz under IE8. Chrome and Firefox work fine.

Thank you. Chris

ax8l Friend

It works fine for me both in IE 8 and FF.
    To make the menu open in front of flash at this to your embed code

wmode="transparent" -> for embed tag
    <PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent> -> for object tag

arbot9976 Friend

You’re always going to have troubles with IE6 and IE7. I wouldn’t freak
    out about it. Total cross-browser compatibility of anything fancy in terms
    of CSS and so forth will still be a problem for a long time to come.

IE6 is not standards-compliant by a long-shot. IE7 is much better,
    but still far from perfect.

Saguaros Moderator

Hello hechtic!

you have a problem with z-index between the slideshow and the menu
    you try to change this property for them

Good luck

hechtic Friend

Using z-index and position: relative, I’ve resolved the problem with the menu showing up behind the slideshow on the home page. The problem i’m having now (IE7 only) is that after the slideshow starts playing, the background of the 2nd level menu items disappears. I can’t seem to be able to fix it. Can anyone offer a concrete solution?

thanks,

Andrew

imrozz Friend

The link above is not working…

hechtic Friend

Sorry about the link. The site when live and it’s now here:

http://www.oaklandyellowjackets.org/

I fixed the problem by adding a conditional style for IE7 that gives the menu items a background color.

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>

#ja-mainnav ul.menu li ul li {background: #666666;}

#ja-mainnav ul.menu li a:hover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu li a:active,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu li a:focus {
    background: url(../images/arrow2.png) no-repeat bottom center #555555;
    color: #ffd632;
    }

#ja-mainnav ul.menu li ul a:hover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu li ul a:active,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu li ul a:focus,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul li:hover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul li.sfhover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul li.havesubchildsfhover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul li.havesubchild-activesfhover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul ul li:hover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul ul li.sfhover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul ul li.havesubchildsfhover,
    #ja-mainnav ul.menu ul ul li.havesubchild-activesfhover {
    background: #666666;
    color: #ffd632;
    }

</style>
    <!–>

the menu style isn’t as nice as in other browsers, but at least it works.

Andrew

frutta007 Friend

There are always problems with IE7.. I have many times encountered with scripts problems..

faithfamily Friend

I have the same menu transparency problem with the sub-menus of Uvite template, but only on Win XP and Windows 7 – IE8. My Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3 works fine with Uvite under my Windows Vista (I developed my website on my laptop and never had a problem with transparency).

So anyone that knows a simple way to fix this, PLEASE let me know!! The program code above to fix this problem is not clear enough to a beginner at CSS. The file for the changes above is not even mentioned.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@faithfamily 197259 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same menu transparency problem with the sub-menus of Uvite template, but only on Win XP and Windows 7 – IE8. My Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3 works fine with Uvite under my Windows Vista (I developed my website on my laptop and never had a problem with transparency).

So anyone that knows a simple way to fix this, PLEASE let me know!! The program code above to fix this problem is not clear enough to a beginner at CSS. The file for the changes above is not even mentioned.</blockquote>

I think that your browsers could not display the png image background, because i check this issue on my pc and others, i could not see that issue, the best way is you try to replace all png background of the menu by background color or a gif image

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum