Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve tried this on a couple of different sites on the same server and having the same problem. First:
    1) I have JAEM installed.
    2) I have the repository setup and has 777 permissions
    3) I have my Joomlart login/pass setup properly in the config.
    4) I have the extensions setup for Joomlart updates

When I see an update available and update a module via JAEM I get a message saying that the module was successfully updated. However when I go back later I see that the module was NOT updated.

Looking in the data repository under /modules/ I see the module in question listed an I see a backup folder. See attached image.

Now when I try to update a template, I get a different problem. It just says processing please wait but never finishes. And unlike the module I do see the new /template/../backup folder but in that folder there is not template.txt file. Just the template zip.

I just signed up with JA so most everything I’ve installed is pretty fresh so I don’t have any Components or Plugins yet in need of updating so haven’t tested them yet.

1. 1jaem
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

It’s a bug of our JAEC component.
    Since, it can’t update a new files if your hosting is not allow create a new file by PHP code.
    We will fix this feature for the next version of it.

I’m sorry about that.

Paul Massell Friend

I have complete root control over my server so what do I need to change to allow this to work?

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

please send me a ftp account and administrator account.
    I need a closer look about your issue so that i can give you some advise.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

Paul Massell Friend

ThanhNV,
    I replied via the support system with all of the info.
    thanks
    Paul

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

I have upgraded a lastest version 1.5.3 of JAEM (this version has not been released yet, we will release it soon).
    Now, you can upgrade our extensions from ja updater service.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum