Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

The submenu does no show properly in IE6, I’ve tried both CSS menu and MooMenu.

Website URL: http://vida-de-mulher.fok.com.br
    Joomla 1.5.9

# Provide information about components/modules/mambots installed?
    Only Kunena Forum installed and template modules. I also have the legacy plugin enabled.

# Have you made any modifications to the template?
    I reversed all the modifications I had done and still it does not work properly.

Regards,

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

For your case, please open templatesja_quartzcssie.php file, at about line 46, find following code:

#ja-cssmenu li ul {
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='<?php echo $template_path;?>/images/trans-bg.png', sizingMethod='scale');
    background-image: none;
    }

and remove it.

+ If you don’t use the default theme, please open templates/ja_quartz/css/colors/your-color_ie.php, find this code and remove it.

Hope it helps.

tfernandez Friend

i have the same issue but in firefox. Should I use the same hack to fix it in firefow as well?

see: http://www.southbeachmiamirealestatehome.com/

jonasso Friend

Dear JA Developer,

I removed the line you told me to, however it didn’t fixed it!

Any other idea?

Regards,

jonasso Friend

I downloaded the template again, I uninstalled the old one and installed the most recently downloaded JA Quartz template.

I still have the same problem in IE. Please see attachment.

1. printscreen-ja-quartz-lates
    Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please download the newest template and install again. And then open templatesja_quartzcssie.php file, at about line 46, find following code:

#ja-cssmenu li ul {
    filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src='<?php echo $template_path;?>/images/trans-bg.png', sizingMethod='scale');
    background-image: none;
    }

and remove it.

+ If you don’t use the default theme, please open templates/ja_quartz/css/colors/your-color_ie.php, find this code and remove it.

Please kindly check again

tfernandez Friend

:confused: This hack hasn’t fixed the problem in either ie or ff for my site: southbeachdespina.com

zeolite Friend

Try this

Edit template.css and look for #ja-header and add this value:

z-index: 9999;

tfernandez Friend

# ja header has the z-index value @ 999. I added the extra 9 but did not fix.

zeolite Friend

Which file did you edit? The template.css or the cssmenu one?

Daniel Michaels Friend

Although this item as been labeled “answered,” I do not see a solution that works. I’ve tried them all. I edited template.css as suggested. I even deleted lines 46 and following from ie.php and autumn-ie.php. Nothing works.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi michaedt,

i have fixed this issue with my guide for him, who post this thread.

If possible, please send me your live url via PM, i will help you to fix this issue. I think there are some errors in your configuration.

malestorm Friend

Hello — I am having the same problem with second level menu items. I am using the CSS menus. Could you please let me know what the resolution of this problem is so I can apply it to my implementation. It is not possible for me to provide you with access to my system.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Daniel Michaels Friend

Hello malestorm. I contacted joomlart directly and was informed that my installation looks exactly like the joomlart demo. Unfortunately, the joomlart demo is not working either, so that solution doesn’t help. I’m going to remove transparency in the menu in favor of a solid color and see how awkward it looks. I’ll let you know if it is a viable solution.

Please look at my post below. I found the problem.

Daniel Michaels Friend

The problem appears to be with the image trans-bg.png.
    I created a new image and named it trans-bg3 (just in case I want to go back to the old one later).
    If you overwrite the image and name it trans-bg.png, then you don’t need to change any code. If you need to change your css it can be found here: for me it is autumn.css around line 573, so check your own color file if you don’t use autumn.css.

#ja-cssmenu li ul {
    border: 1px solid #F8F0D9;
    background: url(../../images/autumn/trans-bg.png);
    }

Change to:

#ja-cssmenu li ul {
    border: 1px solid #F8F0D9;
    background: url(../../images/autumn/trans-bg3.png);
    }

Remember, you don’t need to change this if you overwrite trans-bg.png with the one I’ve attached.
    I created this image with 60%opacity…which works well for autumn. You may want to create your own image with more or less opacity, depending on your template.

By the way, I had to do the same thing for the search and the footer. I needed my search bar to be lighter than the menu, so I created trans-bg4.png at 40% opacity and changed line 55 of autumn.css to the following:

#ja-search .inputbox {
    background: url(../../images/autumn/trans-bg4.png);
    border: 1px solid #DCA35C;
    color: #5B2107;
    }

Don’t forget that these png images must be placed in the templates/ja_quartz/images/ directory, where is the name of the color style you are using.
    I hope this helps somebody.

1. trans-bg3
    2. trans-bg4
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  novo 14 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum