Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We are using JA_Teline_IV on an older Joomla Site running version Version 1.5.26. Yes we know that it’s old and needs to be upgraded – but the site is huge and is not a trivial job.

We upgraded the php version on the hosting and as a result got many “Strict Standards: Non-static method”. I know that with the newer php version they changed what was reported. I just want to turn off the reporting/displaying of these erorrs.

I have turned off error reporting and displaying in my php.ini file. As well I went through code and turned off error reporting anywhere I could find it. This reduced the number of errors greatly – as a couple of components had it explicitly set within them.

What my testing has found:
    – Strict Standard error messages are NOT displayed in the joomla admin area.
    – Strict Standard error messages are NOT displayed if the frontend default template is Beez or JA_Purity
    – Strict Standard error messages are NOT displayed on iPhone when template is JA_Teline_IV & iPhone layout is used.
    – Strict Standard error messages ARE displayed on desktop when template is JA_Teline_IV and layout is either: default, defaultbiz or defaultnewposition are used.
    – Strict Standard error messages are NOT displayed on desktop when template is JA_Teline_IV and layout is set to iPhone.

From this I am assuming that the error reporting is turned on somewhere in the code that has to do with the layout. I have done a search in the code – but I am unable to find out where.

Could you please review it or point me where to look for it.

A sample of errors are:
    Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/biztvcan/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php on line 179

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::getInt() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/biztvcan/public_html/plugins/system/jat3/core/joomla/modulehelper.php on line 303

Strict Standards: Non-static method JRequest::getVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/biztvcan/public_html/libraries/joomla/environment/request.php on line 179

Right now I have set the layout for the desktop back to iPhone as the site is live – and when the error messages are displayed the site is unusable.

******* UPDATE *********
    I have been able to get rid of all the warnings except for 2 relating to mod_jatwitter The position is in the mega menu – the blue square on the right top. I have tried to locate where error_reporting is turned on but have had no success.

Help appreciated.

Thanks
    Janice

jooservices Friend

HI there,
    I assume it’s our bug. Please provide your site FTP access. I’ll check code and help you to fix it.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    I have just checked your issue.
    JRequest::getInt && JLoader::register
    Actually it’s Joomla! core and … it’s Joomla! issue 🙁 .
    You are using Joomla! 1.5 which one already no longer supported by Joomla!. Please upgrade your site.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum