Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure exactly what happened, but I may have messed up a file somewhere. I get this strange text at the top of the front page.

After much investigation, I found out that if I disable the JA Slideshow II module, the text goes away. I created another slideshow module from scratch and it still happened. I combed the module files in the DB to see if I could find the text (or what I could read of it) but nothing.

I’ve attached a screen shot with the text circled in red.

Seems to be like a small problem but can’t put my finger on it.. pls help :((

Thanks.

1. text_problem
    khartoumgateway Friend

OK.. Veeeery strange… After not hearing back from anybody and having a tight schedule .. I decided to go ahead with the daunting task of rebuilding the site. Mostly infrastructure stuff.. but still took a long time.

Now.. just as I was finishing up and went on to shut down some modules that I dont need.. the strange “mystery text” shows up again!!! Half pissed and half excited, I decided to shut down all the modules and bring them back up again a few at a time. A half hour later, I find that it’s the JA newsticker haging in USER 6 position which is the culprit. No matter what changes I make in the settings the mystery text still stays put. EXCEPT if i change the module’s position… then it goes away.

Does anyone know if this is connected to the template or the module? Cos it appears like it comes and goes when certain modules are switched on and off..

I think i need a MOD to help me on this one.. :confused:

BigHug Friend

Hello,

Could you provide me with your site information (your site URL, your site admin account) and your FTP account? So I can diagnose this problem.

Best regards.

huski Friend

Im getting this too. Its something to do with the css on the previous and next arrows thats the problem. I worked out that the jumbled text is the words previous and next (previous is in capitals and next in lowercase) and they are sitting on top of each other and up where the logo is (on my site). In the module, if you set Display Button Control to No then the jumbled text disappears.
    The css that may be at fault for the class = ja-headelines-pre and ja-headelines-next. I can’t see where in the css without spending a lot of time on it.

chavan Friend

Hi huski,

Could you provide me with your url site, so that we can take a look and help you better.

Regards,

huski Friend
    chavan Friend

Hello huski,

Please follow these steps to fix this issue.

Open templates/ja_community_plus/css/template.css and add as below :

a.ja-headelines-pre, a.ja-headelines-next { position:relative; overflow:hidden; }

Hope this works for your site, please let me know if have any problem.

Regards,

khartoumgateway Friend

Thanks trunghh… that did it! 😀

huski Friend

Yep – perfect – all sorted thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  huski 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum