Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have install k2 v2.5.1 and i have notice that there is no social sharing buttons. I have post that question in the k2 forum and they advice me to delete the item.php from templates/norite/html/com_k2 directory and secondly disable the compression. So my question is how can i disable the compression in ja norite????

I have upload a snapshot that shows my problem……

Also if anyone have a similar problem and have fixed with a different way please advice….

Thanks in advanced

1. sxdz

Giannis Maroulis

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Does the Ja Norite have compression or NOT…..???
    If yes how to disable it……What else can i Say is that so difficult to answer???

Giannis Maroulis

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Are you on Joomla 1.5.x or on Joomla 1.7.x ?

As far as i can tell JA Norite for J.1.5.x is build on the previews version of JA Framework and that means that compression is not supported with in JAT3 plugin.

In order for you to be able to use compression you should make use of JA Compress tool.

Also JA Norite is build based on K2 2.4 version

Regards

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Thanks a lot for your reply “pascm” but i have another question : it does matter what is the k2 version with the template you are using??
    i thought no matter the template you have install you can use any k2 version…..
    So if this is correct then i will install k2 2.4.1 and i will reply with the results….

Thanks again

Giannis Maroulis

manuelito1083 Friend

I have the same problem!!
    How have you done to solve it ???
    Thank you in advance

Giannis Maroulis Friend

Alternative Solution to anyone interested

I haven’t solved yet…….and i think i am not going to solved but look what i have done…..

1 i left the k2 in latest release that is at that time 2.5.1
    2 i didn’t do any modification in any of the k2 php files
    3 i have disable all social things from k2 options and category policies
    4 i download Share This for Joomla module from here “http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-web/social-bookmarking/8117
    5 i published in the bottom position (or you might create your own position reading this simple manual)
    6 done that’s it

In case you are interested this is the same result with the one in k2…..
    regards

Giannis Maroulis

manuelito1083 Friend

The thing is that I want the bullet to disappear and social icons appearing. I mean it’s not normal!!
    Anyway thank you for your advice.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Ja Norite was build for the K2 ver 2.4.x and any template files that are included with in the download package that comes with that template are for this version.

Unfortunately JoomlaWorks seems to have change the way that K2 templates are working and this seems to be the issue here.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum