Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m upgrading a site from JA Teline II to Ja Teline III and getting some strangeness with mod_janews2 – it seems to be trying to read data from the wrong folder. When enabling the module, I get a white screen and this at the top:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SmartTrim in /var/joomla/modules/mod_janews/helper.php on line 354

I do still have mod_janews installed and enabled from Teline II (I have to keep it there while I transition the site since a ton of my pages use it) – is there something that needs editing?

I tried installing both modules on a clean joomla install and they can coexist with no problem.

Any ideas?

S

gray Friend

This error means that function SmartTrim is declared 2 times. There are at least 2 options:
    – The function is decared 2 times in var/joomla/modules/mod_janews/helper.php without checking if it’s aready run
    – This function is called by other module/plugin. Check if you don’t have other instance of JAnews module run, for example.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gray 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum