Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    so, I got a little problem:
    There are some strange categories in my DB but I don’t find the way to solve this.
    As you can see in the attachement image some articles are stored in categories that are no more in my site.

you are in TYPOGRAPHY – THE NEWS –
    but in my sections or categories Typography was delete and the news become notizie, how I can solve this issue?

Thanks a lot
    G.

gray Friend

There is no attachment, but I think it’s because orphan category, ie. category which is not assigned to a section. It’s not allowed in Joomla, most probably DB was modified manually.

The easiest way out – open you category “News” and check what section it’s assigned to. If it’s empty – select from the drop-down list. If you want another section, before modifying category, go to section manager and create a new entry.

gianfranco Friend

Sorry, here is the attachement… 😀

The section News is ok, and the categorie latest is correctly assigned to news section. The DB was not manually modified.

Thanks
    G.

gray Friend

<em>@gianfranco 218647 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, here is the attachement… 😀

The section News is ok, and the categorie latest is correctly assigned to news section. The DB was not manually modified.

Thanks
    G.</blockquote>

There is no attachment again, and I cannot understand your problem if all sections/categories are Ok and assigned to proper values. Is it solved?

gianfranco Friend

Here it comes 😀

1. strange_categories
    gray Friend

Check this particular article – what section/category it is assigned to.
    If all is correct – clean Joomla cache and check again.

gianfranco Friend

Hi Gray, did it, but the issue is still there.
    The articles are under the right section and category……

I don’t know :):-[

gray Friend

One more hint – check the menu items which relates for these sections/categories. Maybe you forgot to rename them

gianfranco Friend

FOund!!!
    There was that category in the main menu, but I didn’t check it because the main menu was not publish, only the magazine menu was it.

Thanks a lot gray
    G.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gianfranco 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum