Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I need to try and reduce the amount of image theft on my site.

Their seems to be 2 main ways of doing this.
    1. disable right click using a javascript
    2. put a transparent image over the image display.

The second seems to be best??? … I have seen the following trick for another gallery and was wondering if someone can help me adapt this code to work on RSgallery…

in imageview.tpl.php change ….

< img alt=”<? print $short_desc;?>” width=”<? print $width;?>” height=”<? print $height;?>” src=”<? print $image;?>” border=”1″ style=”border-color: #888888;”/>

to

<? echo ‘ < img src= “transparent.gif” alt=” ‘. $short_desc. ‘ ” ‘.
    ‘style=” width:’. $width.’px; ‘.
    ‘height:’. $height.’px; ‘.
    ‘background: url(‘.$image.’)”‘;?> border=”1″ style=”border-color: #888888;”/>

will this work? … what do I change where?

any better ideas? welcome

also … I am willing to force all users to register if they want to browse galleries … does this help?

many thanks

benrud Friend

Both options still allow viewers to copy/print screen if they have screen capture software.

Use a water mark as well

lovelife Friend

I use the watermark … but …. it doesn’t display on the front page slider …. or when you are in the gallery looking at the slideshow … no watermark …… hence its too easy to abuse and in both cases they get the image with no watermark.

I just trying to stop the 80% ….

If the above options don’t work out then I’m going back to embedding a watermark in the image before I upload then turning the gallery watermark off…

rippless Friend

Did you ever figure out an adapted version of the code? Or any way to stop photo theft?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rippless 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum