Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Can ANYONE at joomlart tell me how to stop the slider from resizing my images … YES or NO?

RSGALLERY2 forum has lots of disscussion and solutions but none have worked for me …. maybe beacuse the gallery have been modified by JA ….

if anyone out there has a solution … its worth $50 no questions asked … give me a working solution you get $50 … that simple.

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    Can you say here about your request ?
    plz more detail.
    THanks

lovelife Friend

this issue has been explained in several posts and I have already clarified several times…

I want to display an image that is 266px wide by 400px high in the front page slide show (commonly referred to as a “portrait” image) as well as an image that is 600px wide by 400px high (commonly referred to as a landscape image).

The problem everyone has is that when the portrait image loads it gets resized (stretched) to fit across the 600 wide frame … if you can disable the code that does this everything will be fine.

In my tests, I have not been able to find any control panel setting or combination of settings for uploading then displaying that won’t stretch the image. It seems that as soon as an image that is less than 600 wide comes up … the codes forces it to display at 600 regardless of what size it is and regardless of what size it was loaded at.

As I said, find me a solution and I’ll be very very happy to pay $50.

I use a specific gallery for slideshow only and I’m happy to use workarounds

iedwards Friend

Hi Don,

I know what the problem is but haven’t yet been able to solve it.

The resize code is some javascript around line 231 in mod_ja_rsslide.php. This script works correctly in that it will resize a portrait image to the height of the slider window, so the whole image is displayed as you would expect. The problem is this function is only ever called once, for the first image when the page loads. Have you noticed that if the first image is “portrait” it displays correctly, but if it comes round again it doesn’t? I have and have been trying to figure out why.

The problem is with the ja added php code in the same module around line 196 where the resize script is called by this line..

$size = jaRSResizeImage($images[0],$folder,$wBig,$hBig);

$images is an array holding all the images to display, but resize is only ever called by this line with $images[0] – the first image in the array. It seems to me there needs to be a loop here so that all images are processed, but there is a lot more going on here that I haven’t yet got my head round and I don’t really want to lose another month because of this template, so perhaps nguoiabcd would like to fix this one for us?!

Regards,

Ian

lovelife Friend

Hi Ian,
    Thanks for the response … you’re spot on …. it all makes sense now … yes the resize works properly if the slider opens on a portrait image first up.

I gave up waiting so I use a workaround now …. use a simple action in photoshop to resize a portrait image to 400 high, then I set a canvas size of 600×400 with a black background …. the slider just treats it like any other 600×400 image. Also I only use “portfolio” shots in the slider so I’m dealing with less than 50 images, all of which get some photoshop work anyway.

I still think JAR should fix the issue … don’t think they’ll do it for me until I upgrade to 1.5 .

Like yourself, I’ve wasted too much time on the template so my focus now is to retain so stability, sell some photos and if anything look for performance improvement opportunities ….. thats another potential issue ….. have written about it in another post …… the botton line is that the gallery may not be that scalable …. I’m a bit concerned that I’ll hit a ceiling at some point and be really stuck. … more research required.

regards don

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lovelife 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum