Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

1. Job board menu links continue to throw “not found” errors when logged in as employer or seeker.

2. Log in often throws “no such user” or “user not registered”.

3. Various other Job board menus throw not “authorized to view resource” errors.

4. Trying to enable saved searches and job alerts – no success, cannot find answer in wiki docs (not up-to-date).

5. I have attempted no customizations as the default installed version is not yet stable – we need further development, but fear forthcoming updates will overwrite any changes we make. we cannot go live. Our production deadlines have long passed

6. My client wants to know why is there still a provision for subscriptions, yet no facility to create “new” subscriptions? Thought this was to be fixed in 1.4.

Please test with user jonseeker; password jonseeker

Every time I attempt to walk my client through normal tasks, errors occur which make me look very incompetent. Whenever I seek answers from the forum, all user issues are answered as fixed, but with no solution explained.

Jon Truelson – TruMedia
    on behalf of hireflyer.com

Anonymous Moderator

Hi jtruelson,

1. Job board menu links continue to throw “not found” errors when logged in as employer or seeker.
    => After reinstalling JB, you should go to employer menu and job seeker menu to reset the link for menu (because in joomla, after removing the component, menu has a link to that component shall be broken)

=> Could you send me the image and describe step by step

3. Various other Job board menus throw not “authorized to view resource” errors.
    => It is because of setting power in administrator. Could you send me the image and give me a specific case?

4. Trying to enable saved searches and job alerts – no success, cannot find answer in wiki docs (not up-to-date).
    => When installing jobboard menu, link saved search and job alerts are available. You can not save job alert or bug notice when clicking to the link, you can create menu, link to the form of job alert.

5. I have attempted no customizations as the default installed version is not yet stable – we need further development, but fear forthcoming updates will overwrite any changes we make. we cannot go live. Our production deadlines have long passed
    => Updated files shall be more strictly managed when new version is available and changes shall be noticed upon the release.

6. My client wants to know why is there still a provision for subscriptions, yet no facility to create “new” subscriptions? Thought this was to be fixed in 1.4.
    => Actually, the function of subscription has not worked; therefore, the newly creation of subscription is meaningless. We are planning to do subscription function since the version 1.4.1.

Anonymous Moderator

Dear Jon Truelson,

Below are the replies to your problems:

=> Upon re-installation of Job Board, please go to back end>>menu>>employer menu and job seeker menu>>and reset the link for menu. (Because the link to the component is broken after un-installation)

=> Please describe this error step by step or send us the error page for more information

=> This is resulted from permission settings within backend. Kindly send associated screenshot for more information

=> I don’t understand your intention why enabling this way because upon installation, jobboard menu has been integrated with link saved search and job alerts already
    => If you could not save job alert or see any error message upon clicking on the link, you can create menu, linked to form “job alert”.

=> sorry for all these inconveniences. We do plan and revise Job board so that it can help to better administrate updated files in case it is upgraded to new version and inform clearer change log upon new release.

=> As the feature subscription has not come to live yet, there is no point in creating new subscription. This feature is planned to fix in version following 1.4.1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum