Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am using the ACM Module to set the Topbar and Main Menu as Sticky or Not Sticky and cannot get the combination i want to work:

Preferred Option (was working perfectly before latest update to fix topbar issues)
    Topbar Not Sticky, Main Menu Sticky
    Result = Topbar does not appear at all, Main Menu appears and is Sticky

Other Problem Option
    Topbar Sticky, Main Menu Sticky
    Result = Both are Sticky but the Main Menu covers the top part of the Slideshow.

Working Options
    Topbar Not Sticky, Main Menu Sticky
    Topbar Not Sticky, Main Menu Not Sticky

Note on Preferred Option
    I am using the following custom css code to make the Main Menu also Not Sticky on smaller devices:

}
    @media (max-width: 850px) {
         .uber-header.header-4.affix {
              position: static;
    }
    }

I am using the last option (Topbar and Main Menu Not Sticky) at the moment as it works, but how do i get my preferred option to work again?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

You can apply this way to fix the problem on your site

Open templates/uber/css/custom.css file

body.affixbar-show div#t3-section {
        top: 65px;
    }

Regards

Richard A Friend

I made the change and the Main Menu is fine now (thank you), but the Topbar is still not appearing.

In case my initial post caused confusion, when I explained what the Result of the Preferred option was (topbar does not appear at all and Main Menu does appear but is Sticky), I was saying this is what is happening, not what SHOULD be happening.

What should be happening is:

The Topbar and Main Menu both appear, but when the page is moved up the Topbar disappears (because it is not sticky) and the Main Menu stays (because it is sticky).

This is what happened before the update, after the update the topbar never appeared at all.

The topbar and main menu both adjust to not being sticky on smaller devices because of the custom.css code adjustment shown in my initial post.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Could you give me the screenshot and description on this bug?

Richard A Friend

See this screencast: http://www.screencast.com/t/0xJtw6Ah52S

The topbar is set to not sticky
    The main menu is set to sticky

1. On any screen size above 850px width the topbar (green) and main menu (white) should appear but on scrolling down the page the topbar should disappear as it is not sticky and the main menu should stay i place.

2. The media code shown in my initial post changes both topbar and mainmenu to Static for any screen size below 850px so that on scrolling down the page both topbar and mainmenu white section disappear.

This is what happened before the update.

After the update the topbar did not appear at all in screen sizes above 850px and this is the issue/bug, everything else is fine.

(By main menu disappear i do not mean the menu items going to off canvas, that is fine, i mean the white section which contain the logo and three horizontal lines. It works correctly).

Ninja Lead Moderator

It’s very hard to know the CSS style before that. Did you make a backup(all the CSS style)? If you make the custom CSS style, you need to create templates/uber/css/custom.css file and put all the CSS style in this file because this file does not override when you upgrade new Uber version.

Richard A Friend

I did not have any custom CSS style before the update apart from the media code adjustment in my initial post. The default settings worked correctly but after the update they do not and I did not make any other changes.

Perhaps there is a conflict between the new version of the code and some other settings i have in my custom.css file that was not a problem before the update (take a look at my custom.css file and see if that is the case).

If it is not possible to fix the problem I will use ‘not sticky’ for both as it is only affecting screens wider than 850px and the ‘back to top’ button can be used to see the menu/topbar again.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Did you remember exact time to upgrade on your site? You can contact hosting provider and ask them to get the backup version. I will help you to compare that version with current version

I compared both Uber versions 2.1.3 with 2.1.4 and it does not change any about width on this template. I only see some CSS style to add more on this version and it will not cause to get the problem on your site.

Richard A Friend

Thank you for the information and offer to compare with a back up Ninja. Unfortunately I do not know the exact time of the upgrade but if there is nothing in the change to 2.1.4 that would have affected the appearance of the topbar I will look at other possibilities outside of Joomlart code that may be causing the problem and will not require any further assistance.

If you could leave this thread open I will update here when I have identified the cause and resolved the problem.

Thank you again for your help.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Richard,

Looking at your video I would suggest you have a look for @media (min) or (max-width) CSS classes that may be causing the conflict. With the bar showing when you resize the browser window suggests that you have some CSS that is hiding the topbar from view on large screens.

Hope this helps and feel free to pm me your custom.css and I’ll have a quick look for you.

Thanks,
    Richard G.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gringo211985 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum