Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I really like the sticky menu function t3 supports, but I need to have logo and other modules on the top (under) of mainmenu. Thats problem when I use sticky menu, because it goes under my logo and modules. Is it possible to make the menu sticky only when top reach it after scrolling? For exable like the Magz template. Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

In JA Magz, there’s a module called JA News Ticker above the menu, and once you scroll down this module will be hidden and the menu will turn to sticky on top.

To clone this feature in JA Purity III, you need pretty much customisation. If you are not familiar with programming, please ask for help from a developer. Below are some steps for your consideration:

+ Create a position above menu section (eg. “top-1” position) via the templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/header.php file with this code:

<?php if ($this->countModules('top-1')) : ?>
    <div class="wrap <?php $this->_c('top-1') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('top-1') ?>" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php endif ?>

+ Create css style to work with top-1 position (you can use Inspect Element from your browser and compare the css style with ourdemo JA Magz template here)

midhat Friend

Did anyone do this? My top 1 position is always below navigation.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@midhat 421422 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did anyone do this? My top 1 position is always below navigation.</blockquote>

Do you mean to have top-1 position above navigation?

If so, please try workaround below:

Open the templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/header.php file:

Change

<!-- MAIN NAVIGATION -->
    <header id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top t3-mainnav">
    </header>
    <!-- //MAIN NAVIGATION -->

To

</div>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!-- MAIN NAVIGATION -->
    <header id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default navbar-fixed-top t3-mainnav">
    </header>
    <!-- //MAIN NAVIGATION -->

midhat Friend

I did this, but my top positions are still under navigation.
    You can see here:
    http://emreza.net/test/

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@midhat 421624 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did this, but my top positions are still under navigation.
    You can see here:
    http://emreza.net/test/</blockquote>

You can try workaround below.

Open the templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/header.php file

Change

<!-- NAVBAR HEADER -->
    <!-- //NAVBAR HEADER -->

To

</div>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!-- NAVBAR HEADER -->
    <!-- //NAVBAR HEADER -->

midhat Friend

It’s same. My top positions are still under navigation.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@midhat 421787 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s same. My top positions are still under navigation.</blockquote>

I see the header.php file, the top-1 position was not added properly. Look at the screenshot:

You can download my attached file and copy it into the templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/header.php path.

1. add_position
    1. header.zip
    midhat Friend

Now it’s fine. I still have to do the css to look how I want. Thanks a lot

ketihar Friend

Yes but the top1 position doesnt hidden when you scroll down, the result is not the same as the ja_mag template. How can we hide the position top-1 as we scroll down ,to have the menu sticky on top?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ketihar 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum