Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I want to make the entire header section and all blocks contained within the header section sticky.

The only option at the minute is to make the header blocks sticky, but I am also using a spotlight in the header area and I want that to be sticky too!

I know the css position:fixed does this, but it then overlaps all of the elements, so I was wondering if someone could help me out with some temporary css to solve.

I would also like if we could have this as a feature built into the builder, it would definitely help out!

Also while mentioning about headers, we need to be able to change the buttons, search box etc. into whichever elements we like, at the moment you are stuck using the elements in the blocks settings, however it would be beneficial to users if we can change the elements from search to social etc.

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

I put some custom CSS into the Custom Code section when editing Builder page to make the spotlight in header block be sticky:

section.jub-block.spotlight-1.fixed-header {
        position: fixed;
        width: 100%;
        z-index: 100;
    }

.header.bg-brand-primary {
        top: 56px !important;
    }

header.jub-block.header-5 {
        top: 56px;
        z-index: 1;
    }

.main-content {
        margin-top: 56px;
    }

For the header block, I will share with the team for further consideration.

Regards

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

Thanks, I tweaked your code as there was animation issue on the menu.

I do think we definitely need this as an option in the builder, we should have option:

1. Sticky – Menu Only
    2. Sticky – Header Section (includes every block in header section)

Shouldn’t be too difficult with a CSS class or two 😉

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

There are not many requests for this but I will share with the team for further consideration.

gringo211985 Friend

True, but that’s probably because people haven’t thought of it, or needed it yet.

Plus having extended features never hurts anyone, and we haven’t seen much in the way of new features and blocks recently.

And it’s only a small thing, bit of css to position:fixed then a button to turn on of off

Is there any news on 3rd party integrations yet?

Also can we have a new "shape divider" feature a bit like on the new Gridbox builder?

enter image description here

You can view all of the shapes and more info at https://www.balbooa.com/blog/gridbox/shape-divider-has-arrived-to-gridbox

This feature would be awesome to have in the builder too!

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for raising this up.

Let me share with the team for further consideration.

Cheers!

romolo Friend

We agree with @gringo211985 – A shape divider similar to the gridbox builder would be awesome.

PLEASE look at implementing.

Thanks

gringo211985 Friend

Hi All,

I personally think JA could learn a lot from Gridbox, their method of not contact servers apart from downloading blocks is definitely something that puts Gridbox way ahead of JA builder… for the moment!!!

Shape divider, sticky header area are both essential really, we should be looking at adding at bare minimum 2 new features every month for the builder otherwise it’s not worth paying a subscription for.

@saguaros can we also get a "changelog" that is easily accessible for JA Builder? I like to see what’s new, fixed etc. but rely on emails and can’t find anything easily. It should probably be on this page https://www.joomlart.com/ja-builder

Also, can we get a voting post every month in JA Builder forum, like you do for "template for this month" where we can vote and submit ideas to be implemented into the builder. I feel it’s only fair to give us this as the templates have it and we pay in some cases more than we do for template club. Not to mention the new blocks have become a little stagnant, I haven’t seen any new ones in a while.

SEO idea – we all know having 2*h1 is very bad for SEO, using the builder doesn’t make this very clear. You need to click into the stetting for each heading to see it’s "h" value. My idea is that when you change to "h1" something does a little scan and says "warning – you are already using a h1 heading on this page – block name". This would help make life a little easier for everyone and will save people from possible ranking drops.

Please try to implement these ideas, they are all reasonable and will improve the builder, and when the builder is the best for joomla you will get more signups. There’s a lot of people put off from the publishing problems, but now they are resolved (kind of – still need to disable adblock) then it will help. Just need more features.

Thanks,
    Richard

romolo Friend

Hi,

We agree with @gringo211985 and would like to see all of these features implemented.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’ve passed to the team for further consideration so kindly wait for the news.

Thank you!

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

Any news on this or any other updates for JA Builder? There’s still a lot to fix on there and doesn’t seem like there’s been any movement or announcements about anything to do with the builder.

I really need the builder to start being updated regularly otherwise I may be forced to cancel my subscription and look into using Gridbox as there doesn’t seem to be one thousandth the problems JA builder has.

I mean we are paying a subscription fee for the builder, so we should be getting regular updates. If the package is a one off with no more updates, new blocks, etc. then you need to switch the pricing over to a one time fee. You wouldn’t subscribe to Netflix if they didn’t add new movies and tv shows regularly, and it’s just the same.

I’ll happily give you all the ideas and road map for what needs implementing with the builder.

Thanks,
    Richard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gringo211985 6 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum