Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Re: Graphite for Joomla 1.7

Hi guys

Is it possible to have a static article on the front page instead of the ‘from the blog’ articles?

I read here that someone had unpublished the k2 module which shows the articles on the front page(must be Joomla 1.5) and had put an article in the ‘content top’ position. Would putting an article in this position be worse for SEO than having the article in the main content? I’m not sure.

Anyway, in the J 1.7 version, how do we get rid of the ‘from the blog’ title and it’s articles and replace it with a proper homepage article?

Thanks

P

himangi Friend

Hi P,

You need to edit your home menu and set it to be of Single Article Type. Choose the article you want to show on the home page.
    I am not sure where you see ‘from the blog’ title, but as I suspect if it is page title, you can check in the home menu itself. From the number of collapsible tabs having various params for the menu item, click on the ‘Page Display Options’ and check if ‘Show Page Heading’ is set to No. If not set it to NO and see if ‘from the blog’ disappears.

If this doesnt work, please provide your site url and admin details for me to see it..

talklfc Friend

Hi Himanji

I feel like an idiot now. Cant believe I didn’t think of that lol

Thanks bud.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  talklfc 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum