Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

If you are new to joomla I recommend that you install the Demo Quickstart File as is, in order to get a good look at the template before you do anything. And if you don’t plan on using the Component or Module thats apart of the Demo then log into your cpanel and delete the component and modules you don’t need from your database.

But be very careful editing your sql… Especially if you don’t know what you are doing! A single mistake will break or stop the Quickstart Demo from working…

And no you don’t have to open any component or module. You just need to edit your database tables. Before you install the Demo Quickstart File or after you install the Demo Quickstart file. Again its easier to edit the database after you installed the Demo Quickstart file. If you own a copy of Easysocial or Easyblog and you install the Demo Quickstart File all the information you need to get the demo layout will be installed during the installation so you don’t have to do anything. Just install your paid components and modules after the Demo Quickstart file is fully installed and you will get the same demo look! Again if you don’t plan to use a component thats apart of the DEMO just delete the component or module tables from your database after you installed the Demo Quickstart File…

vizionz Friend

i dont know if they do or not i was just answering what he asked. and he said

Is is possible that during the installation tables of StackIdeas components are created automatically though not having installed any of those component?

thats basically saying that he wants the tables for stack ideas components to be installed even though he did not install these components yet. the question is not written correctly if i am somehow misunderstanding it.

If he did not want the tables installed if they preinstall them.

the question should be

Is it possible to not install the stackideas tables when the quickstarter file is ran?

no where in his question does it say no or not or don’t

vizionz Friend

And if your new to joomla i don’t recommend you install any quickstart unless you plan on a long process of deleting and removing sections that you wont use. if you want to see the way the demo looks they have a demo page. if you’re trying to recreate the same look of the demo then you should install the quickstart. But for a new user they should just install basic joomla install the template and play around adding content. untill they understand. with quickstarts you have to edit a ton of stuff.

vizionz Friend

i just looked at the sql that would be alot of stuff to remove preinstall. they do install all that stuff in the quickstart ao looking at like 30 tables. then who knows how many other tables have links to them original tables through menus or content. so i wouldnt even attempt a quick start unless i was using stackideas components.

so his question was not correctly formed

So best answer would be to just install joomla and install the template standalone without the quickstart. because thats alot of stackideas info in the quickstart.

and just recreate what you need piece by piece.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vizionz 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum