Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello. Is it possible to insert spotlight blocks under main component position? I see mainbody directory with php scripts, but don`t know how to insert correctly spotlight blocks there

swissa Friend

Some of the layouts have the spotlight blocks in them – which layout are you using?

tarasenko Friend

I’m using corporate layout, but spotlight blocks use all tempate width. I have long sidebars whereby there is a space under component position. I would like to use this space with spotlight blocks. Here is my solution, but it`s not universal.

one-sidebar-right.php

div id=”t3-mainbody” class=”container t3-mainbody”>
    <div class=”row”>

<!– MAIN CONTENT –>
    <div id=”t3-content” class=”t3-content col-xs-12 col-sm-8 col-md-9″>
    <?php if($this->hasMessage()) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”message” />
    <?php endif ?>
    <jdoc:include type=”component” />

<div class=”col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-6 ac <?php $this->_c(‘after-content1’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘after-content1’) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>

<div class=”col-xs-12 col-sm-6 col-md-6 ac <?php $this->_c(‘after-content2’) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p(‘after-content2’) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>

</div>
    <!– //MAIN CONTENT –>

<!– SIDEBAR RIGHT –>
    <div class=”t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-right col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-md-3 <?php $this->_c($vars[‘sidebar’]) ?>”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”<?php $this->_p($vars[‘sidebar’]) ?>” style=”T3Xhtml” />
    </div>
    <!– //SIDEBAR RIGHT –>

</div>
    </div>

1. template-sample
    Ninja Lead Moderator

If your site is using corporate layout, please also try to change in other blocks beside one-sidebar-right block such as: one-sidebar-left.php, no-sidebar.php in the /template/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/ directory.

tarasenko Friend

So it is. But not universally. I want to insert spotlight block and to change it in admin panel visually. And as i has mentioned to do it under component position. Another words, i don`t have special user position for spotlight block under component.

Ninja Lead Moderator

To add spotlight block and have it visual via back-end, you can follow steps below:

– Open the templates/purity_iii/tpls/corporate.php file and define new block in red as follows:

<div class="t3-wrapper corporate"> <!-- Need this wrapper for off-canvas menu. Remove if you don't use of-canvas -->

<?php $this->loadBlock('header') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('slideshow') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-1') ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-new') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('mainbody') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-2') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('spotlight-3') ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock('footer') ?>

</div>

– Then, create such new block spotlight-new and assign module position to this block with script below:

<?php if ($this->checkSpotlight('spotlight-11', 'spotlight-11, spotlight-12')) : ?>
    <div class="wrap t3-sl t3-sl-10">
    <?php $this->spotlight('spotlight-11', 'spotlight-11, spotlight-12') ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif;?>

To learn more on adding new block, visit this link: http://t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system#define-block

Hope it helps.

1. positions
    tarasenko Friend

Thanks a lot!

Adam_NZ Friend

Virgin post here, so please be gentle! :laugh: hi to all!

Is there a way of making the main content blocks (sidebar-1, message, component, sidebar-2) spotlight areas?

I’d love to be able to tweak the relative widths of sidebar-1 to component, for instance.

Adam.

Adam_NZ Friend

Virgin post here, so please be gentle! :laugh: hi to all!

Is there a way of making the main content blocks (sidebar-1, message, component, sidebar-2) spotlight areas?

I’d love to be able to tweak the relative widths of sidebar-1 to component, for instance.

Adam.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @adam_nz,

You can see our documentation here and here.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Adam_NZ 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum