Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Please see http://www.wctm.org.uk.

On the home, st. mark and st. silas & st. aidans pages the sub menu item news appears correctly. On the St. Barnabas page the split sub menu does not work at all it does not even appear. The menu should have two items “News” and “Forum”.

Any ideas?

On another point – the “othermenu” (the one with “Administrator” on) does not get a grey heading like the submenu does on the pages. Any ideas?

Alex

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hello Alex,

I’ve just visited the site. The problem with the split menu maybe comes from your SEO component or your Navigation Structure. To help you in this case, please PM me a temporary admin account.

For the second question, please turn on the “Show title” of this module. To do that just follow these simple steps:

1. Go to Joomla! Administrator –> Modules –> Site Modules
    2. Click on the “Other Menu” module
    3. In the “Show title” radio buttons, choose “Yes”

Hope to help you soon! 😀

acijanos Friend

Hi, I”m having the exact same problem with the JA Edenite template.

On my live site, the split menu functioned normally. When I changed to SEF URLs, the split menu sub-menu (children items) stopped appearing. The parent menu still works, however, it no longer is ‘highlighted’ when selected.

The odd thing is : After going to live SEF’s, a few of the parent menus continued to behave normally. After I ‘reordered’ them in the Joomla menu manager, they all stopped working.

…any ideas?

acijanos Friend

And…just after I wrote that…found the solution.

The problem is that the native Joomla 1.5 SEF URL’s uses the “alias” function.

(located underneath the ‘title’ when editing a menu item)

Normally, the alias is left blank, and then auto-generated. For example, if you have a menu named “Discussion Forum”, then the alias will be generated as “discussion-forum”.

However, I had an alias already there from previous work. They didn’t match, and something in that caused a problem with the split menu php (or maybe it was Joomla, I don’t know..)

Anyway, deleting the ‘alias’ and letting Joomla repopulated fixed it.

Thanks!

acijanos Friend

on another note – that must be what is causing the problem with QuickStart templates..and SEF.

The alias is already auto-populated from the quickstart…

acijanos Friend

I ran into one more issue – for a second it looked like the entire thing had broken again.

Because of Joomla’s alias function, you also have to make sure that any duplicate menus (a menu item found in both ‘main menu’ and ‘other menu’ for example) – have different aliases.

If you do not assign a unique alias to the key menu (main menu) then the split menu will not work..

acijanos Friend

Another note on Menu Behaviour and SEF :

While the top-links (menu bar) works, the left-side column menus do not expand to show sub-menus (children) in IE6.

Anyone know why that is?

…UPDATE

Turning the Global Cache off solved the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  acijanos 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum