Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hi,
    i am using fagus and 1.5.3

i only want to use one menu in general. i do like it replicated on top as well.

but since my menu item names are so long although it looks fine on the left margin on the page, along the top it doesn’t looks so good.

can i select which menu items appear along to top of the page and what appear along the side and if not, can i please have a suggestion on how to turn off the one that shows along the top. i don’t want to call it the top menu because the top menu is actually along the bottom.

thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Can you send your URL and make some screenshots in more detail ?

ellie_t Friend

i removed the search because it was being overlayed now. as well as the site name and logo.
    my site is offline please see attached. thank you for helping.

1. menu
    John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@ellie_t 68972 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    can i select which menu items appear along to top of the page and what appear along the side and if not, can i please have a suggestion on how to turn off the one that shows along the top. i don’t want to call it the top menu because the top menu is actually along the bottom.
    </blockquote>

Yes! In a “Split Menu” the SUB Menu items of a MAIN item will be what appears on the left or right.

For instance:

MAIN
    SUB Item 1
    SUB Item 2

The MAIN will appear at the top…the SUB Items will appear along the side.

You could of course create an entirely New menu to appear along the side. Joomla does not limit you to just the four menus it comes with. Create your own using the Menu Manager.

Hope this helps,
    John.

ellie_t Friend

thanks. that’s not so clear to me though. i understand how to create parent menu items and childs although that doesn’t work correctly on this template. but the same structuring to a menu…i will take some time to figure this out. i appreciate the lead, and hope you wil notice my next post if i don’t grasp.
    thanks.

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    In this template, when you choose split menu, submenu only display at the left or right of site, not below main menu as some others temp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum