Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The one thing that drags in the template is the suckerfish menu when it has sub items

When I roll over a top item that has sub items, that menu item is sloooooooooooooow to render in Firefox

The top-level suckerfish menu items that do not have sub items render fast, but if there are sub items……oh, my!

Is there anyway to speed up the sub-items of the suckerfish menu?

This turns out to be a critical need. Other suckerfish menus I’ve seen were super fast.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much 🙂

Hung Dinh Friend

hi DogTags,
    Suckerfish is the most fast and lightweight menu in 4 menus we offers and are totaly CSS based.
    Do you see the menus render that slow in our demo?
    I guess the problems are not in the menu

dogtags Friend

Yes, the demo suckerfish menu sub items seem slow. What I’ve noticed is that if I roll the mouse over a top-level menu item that does NOT have sub items, the mouse moves normally. However, if I roll over a top-level menu item that does have sub items, there is a lag and the mouse gets slow, as if the browser (I guess) is rendering something. My computer has plenty of juice, I’ve been using Joomla for several years, and I’ve installed and tweaked the Extended Menu module. That’s why I think it’s something with the Antares menu system.

dogtags Friend

BTW, it seems fine in IE7, but in Firefox 1.5.0.9, that’s where I’m noticing the slowness

mixx Friend

Why aren’t you using FF 2?

mixx

dogtags Friend

I think I got it

It had something to do with the header image resizing when using the narrow width

I resized all the header images to 585×200, and shazaam, the template is faster now, and no lags in rendering anything

I don’t have a clue why it worked, but it did

BTW, FF2 – there are some plugins that don’t work with it yet, at least last time I installed FF2

Love this template 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dogtags 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum