Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

All my sites build with JA templates are very slow. In google analitics I got this recommendations to fix speed but I have no idea how to do it. Any help?

1. Enable compression:
    Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 3 blocking script resources and 8 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

2. Leverage browser caching
    Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

3. Minify JavaScript
    Compacting JavaScript code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time.

4. Minify CSS
    Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.

Can someone one orient me? I already compressed files in the template menu.
    I have very many sites with the same type of problem. Fixing one will help me to fix the rest.

Thank you for any information that can help.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Actually optimizing is “high end” job. You’ll need ( should ) to leave it for developer to that.
    <blockquote>Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 3 blocking script resources and 8 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.</blockquote>

Combine css / files into one file. By this way you can prevent blocking.
    But should not go with automate plugin if you don’t know what’s exactly it will do and how will it do. Or you get more troubles.

<blockquote>Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
    </blockquote>

For some images you can
    – Store in over CDN
    – Use expired head for caching

<blockquote>3. Minify JavaScript
    Compacting JavaScript code can save many bytes of data and speed up downloading, parsing, and execution time.

4. Minify CSS
    Compacting CSS code can save many bytes of data and speed up download and parse times.</blockquote>

Actually these are mostly done from provided.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

pittigeteksten Friend

I also get the recommendation from Google to add the following line to the <HEAD> section of my site:

<meta name=viewport content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″>

But… there is no <HEAD> section in a Joomla site built with Uber. Is there?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    It’s a part of T3 work.

http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/customization.html

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

fuya Friend

I will go through all your recommendations. Thank u

pittigeteksten Friend

I guess this means that the viewport content value can not be set… Even though the site displays correctly on the mobile devices I have tested it on, Google still advises to add it in the header.

Pierre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pittigeteksten 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum