Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

In the readme I read this:

<blockquote>
    Specific banner image for each menu item

Header images are stored in templates/ja_mageia/images/header/
    You can copy your own images into here and declare images in template/ja_mageia/index.php . In this file, you have this line:

$ja_header_images = array (‘header1.jpg’, ‘header2.jpg’);
    </blockquote>

That isn’t very clear to me. How do I specify I want, let’s say, header1.jpg for main menu entry # 1?

Sherlock Friend

Hi njean !
    You can view following code section for detail :

//define image array for wide screen and narrow screen at bout line 15
    $ja_header_images_wide = array ('header1.jpg','header2.jpg','header3.jpg','header4.jpg','header5.jpg');
    $ja_header_images_narrow = array ('header1-n.jpg','header2-n.jpg','header3-n.jpg','header4-n.jpg','header5-n.jpg');

//get current menu id at about line 34
    $curidx = $tempTools->getCurrentMenuIndex(); // view getCurrentMenuIndex function in ja_templatetools.php file.

//get header image following current menu id at about line 36
    $ja_header_img = 'header.jpg';
    $ja_header_images = ($JAconfig->ja_width=='narrow')? $ja_header_images_narrow:$ja_header_images_wide;

if (count($ja_header_images)) {
    $curidx = $curidx % count($ja_header_images);
    $ja_header_img = $ja_header_images[$curidx];
    }

// set header image for background header
    <div id="ja-header" style="background: url(templates/<?php echo $JAconfig->template."/images/header/". $JAconfig->ja_color ."/". $ja_header_img;?>) no-repeat top right;">

good luck

njean Friend

Thanks but I still don’t understand.

Let’s say I have the main menu with an article link in it.

Article ID is 44 and menu itemID is 68. How do I assign that page a specific header image?

njean Friend

No wait maybe I understand how it’s working…

I’ve got a menu:

– Link1
    – Link2
    – Link3

First entry goes with header1, second with header2 and so on, right?

Now, what if I have this kind of menu:

– Link1
    – Link2
    —– Sublink 1
    —– Sublink 2
    – Link 3

How to assign a specific image to SUblink 1&2? Now they both show header2

Sherlock Friend

Hi njean !
    getCurrentMenuIndex() is function get current id with menu level is 1 so sublink1 and sublink2 both show header2 .
    I think that for assign a sprcific image to menu ( parent menu sub menu or all level ) . easy way is using banner module then assign specific module for a menu.

sskarli Friend

Does it matter if one use Joomla 1.5 og 1.0? I use 1.0. Will it still work?

emendabo Friend

Iam using joomla 1.0.15 and iam not quite sure how i should modify my template to get the required result?

thx in advane

phiber0ptik Friend

yeah – what about 1.0x ? what to do here ?

mfcphil Friend

You could simply make a copy of your template have different image in your header files then assign the copied template to the required pages.

nigelmaine Friend

<em>@hainn84 49375 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi njean !
    getCurrentMenuIndex() is function get current id with menu level is 1 so sublink1 and sublink2 both show header2 .
    I think that for assign a sprcific image to menu ( parent menu sub menu or all level ) . easy way is using banner module then assign specific module for a menu.</blockquote>
    Hi Hainn84

Could you be a bit clearer about what needs to be done to get header images to display in sub menus please. I don’t understand about <blockquote>getCurrentMenuIndex() is function get current id with menu level is 1 so sublink1 and sublink2 both show header2 </blockquote>.

I hope you can help as I have looked at every Forum post on headers.

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

Stavros Xenides Friend

Hi,

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue rather than using BANNERS module?

Like using getCurrentMenuIndex() or some sort of a similar API and customizing the index.php accordingly, so that sub-menus will be personalized with their header too?

Rgds,
    Ali.

Stavros Xenides Friend

<em>@cybele 198507 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue rather than using BANNERS module?

Like using getCurrentMenuIndex() or some sort of a similar API and customizing the index.php accordingly, so that sub-menus will be personalized with their header too?

Rgds,
    Ali.</blockquote>

Me again.

I think the best way (at least all worked for me), is using: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/images-rotators/8514
    FlexHeader3.

Rgds,
    Ali.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Stavros Xenides 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum