Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dear Experts,

I am working on JA Event 1.7. template and everything seems to be fine.
    However, when i put text with special characters such as “é” or “m²”, the final result on the website is displaying some kind of weird letters (kind of russian letters) instead of the special character.

Could you please advise me what to do ?

(i am working and using Google Chrome but the same problem occurs with IE)

BR

kobenes Friend

I think your problem is about char set… So you can go to phpMyadmin and check your tables, if they are UTF_8_general_ci

If they are not, you can choose UTF_8_general_ci for your sepcial characters… Also if you install Admin Tools extension, then you can easily change your database table char set from Admin Tools component panel.

olivercham Friend

Actually don’ t have this problem on most of the website but ONLY on the main page slideshow (module : JA Slideshow Module).
    Do you think that using the admin tool would help for this specific module character display ?

This is the original code where i have a display problem for special characters :

{{h1}}Joomla! Day Bangkok.{{/h1}}{{h2}}November 14th 2010{{/h2}}{{h3}}The Moscone Center.{{/h3}}{{p}}Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer libero suscipit Nulla wisi tellus. Sapien Curabitur laoreet neque urna aliquam accumsan Praesent Nam id sed. Elit consequat in odio amet vitae Integer dolor tincidunt tempor Vivamus. {{/p}}

{{h1}}Joomla!Day Italy 2010.{{/h1}}{{h2}}October 9, 2010{{/h2}}{{h3}}The Verona, Italy.{{/h3}}{{p}}The third Joomla!Day Italy will take place in Verona on Saturday 9 October 2010. Italian community will meet from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m in Centro Congressi VeronaFiere, V.le del Lavoro 8, 37135 Verona.{{/p}}

{{h1}}Joomla!Day France 2010.{{/h1}}{{h2}}March 21, 2010{{/h2}}{{h3}}The Bordeaux, France.{{/h3}}{{p}}The 4th edition of Joomla!day France will take place March 21, 2010 in Bordeaux! An exceptional event in an exceptional place: the Palais des Congrès de Bordeaux (international congress center).{{/p}}

========

When i put my own text in it with special characters, then i have display problem in the slideshow….

Can you help ?

kobenes Friend

You can spesifically change charset for only this module so please try this: from your phpMyadmin > database > jos_modules > mod_jaslideshow (or whatever name you provide for your slide module) and click on actions and change char set.

olivercham Friend

I am developing the website on my computer (localhost), where can i find the phpMyAdmin since this is usually a service from the internet host ?

Can you tell me where to find the Administration tool you told me about, i’ll try to install it, it should be more convenient, do you have a link to share ?

BR

kobenes Friend

Here is Admin Tools: https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/official/admintools.html
    This is very a useful free extension that must-have for every joomla site.

olivercham Friend

Dear Kobenes,

I installed Admin Tools Core 2.1.14.
    Now please can you tell me which service i have to launch to be able to modify the table “jos_modules > mod_jaslideshow” in the database ?

Thanx

kobenes Friend

If you installed Admin Tools, then you don’t need phpMyadmin modification… You can go from your admin panel to Components > Admin Tools > Change Database Collation settings. From here you can choose utf8_general_ci and apply it.

I hope this will help you…

olivercham Friend

I did everything you said and unfortunately it doesn’t change anything to the problem with the “mod_jaslideshow” module.
    This module is the only one that has the problem, and unfortunately it is also the most visible module since the slideshow is here to “catch the attention”….
    Do you have any other advice to propose ?

olivercham Friend

Here is a screenshot of the problem i am experiencing. I put red dots under the letters that are not displayed correctly.

Can anyone help me ?

1. screenshotproblemjoomlart
    nayan007 Friend

Please use the link and download the latest plugin :- http://www.toao.net/182-automatic-read-more-in-joomla

olivercham Friend

Please explain me how this module will help repair the character problem ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  olivercham 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum