Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have found some people still using the forum pages to send links to inappropriate sites or content, the latest way of trying to do this is to QUOTE someone else’s post and add there own links inside that quote.

If we find any posts like this, the person or persons will be banned from these forums.

Should any of you see any of these spam links or if you are offended by users inappropriate behaviour or comments, please let us know so we can deal with those involved.

Lets keep these forums a nicer place for all of us!

bennitos Friend

Good work phil,

Lets keep this clean, nice and informational 🙂

instantinlaw Friend

Wow that’s sneaky.
    Glad we got you on the patrol Phil.
    Thanks!

cgc0202 Friend

What is more sinister is the use of the PM within the Forum to send SPAM.. as I found out today., and posted here:

Sell your soul for £10 gift voucher from amazon ???
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/sell-your-soul-for-10-gift-voucher-from-amazon/

unless Joomlart monitors emails, which I hope they do not do — because it violates privacy rules — then the PM spam is even more sinister.

As noted by Hung, in the said thread, please post the name of the person sending you such SPAM via the PM. If the soliticitation message is different, please post it also.

As I stated, the one sent to me was rather insulting — if the person was indeed monitoring those who were active in the Forums, and target them with the SPAM.

Cornelio

Michael Casha Friend

cgc0202;135557What is more sinister is the use of the PM within the Forum to send SPAM.. as I found out today., and posted here:

Sell your soul for £10 gift voucher from amazon ???
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/sell-your-soul-for-10-gift-voucher-from-amazon/

unless Joomlart monitors emails, which I hope they do not do — because it violates privacy rules — then the PM spam is even more sinister.

As noted by Hung, in the said thread, please post the name of the person sending you such SPAM via the PM. If the soliticitation message is different, please post it also.

As I stated, the one sent to me was rather insulting — if the person was indeed monitoring those who were active in the Forums, and target them with the SPAM.

Cornelio

We do not read peoples PMs, however if you receive one similar to this please forward it to a moderator who will then deal with it.

Michael Casha Friend

You are reminded that taking part in this type of activity will also render you in breach of the forum rules.

cgc0202 Friend

I forwarded the email sent to me MICCAS. I hope you get it. Please let me know, in case it did not reach you.

Cornelio

sunrise Friend

Thanks mfcphil and MICCAS and others,

Thanks for keeping this the nice and friendly and useful and helpful forum we want.

wiery Friend

SNEAKY!

I can’t stand spammers on forums. I used to moderate another forum, and talk about work just to delete the spam that would get posted. Vbulletin is nice for blocking spam bots and such but it’s hard to get around the people who sit down and manually enter their junk. >:( You just have to go and delete their posts. Does this forum just boot people right off the bat or do they give warnings?

mfcphil Friend

<em>@wiery 137166 wrote:</em><blockquote>SNEAKY!

I can’t stand spammers on forums. I used to moderate another forum, and talk about work just to delete the spam that would get posted. Vbulletin is nice for blocking spam bots and such but it’s hard to get around the people who sit down and manually enter their junk. >:( You just have to go and delete their posts. Does this forum just boot people right off the bat or do they give warnings?</blockquote>

If people (non members) are simply abusing the forum to get a cheap link to a non joomla site they are banned instantly…. if a member is trying to abuse the system we will try and point out what they are doing wrong and give them the opportunity to remove the bad/spam links.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum