Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I need to alter the spacing between the dropdown locations on a map… too much space is there now.

http://marbella.directrouter.com/~westamer/index.php/locations/branch-network-map

You can see in my screenshot what I am needing here. I think this is set in jquery, but not sure how it can be altered.

Thanks for your help,

James Foreman

1. spacingfor-branchmap
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I see some customized css style with gantry template that overrides JA Image Hotspot module. You can try to fix with my workaround below:

Open the modules/mod_jaimagehotspot/assets/css/style.css file

Change

.cd-dropdown ul li span {
    color: #666;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: inline-block;
    font-weight: normal;
    padding: 4px 14px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

.cd-dropdown ul {
    position: absolute;
    top: 2px;
    }

To

.cd-dropdown ul li span {
    color: #666;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: inline-block;
    font-weight: normal;
    padding: 0px 14px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

.cd-dropdown ul {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0px;
    }

jwestart Friend

Hello,

Thanks much for the response, much appreciated.

Unfortunately this only give a bit more spacing, where the 44pixel space between each name still exists. I think it is a javascrip calculation that I need to change, so may just need to find the correct file and place to make that change.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, JA Image Hots Post module uses js to automatically calculate the top attribute.

Please open the modules/mod_jaimagehotspot/assets/js/jquery.dropdown.js file, find “top :” and try to change as follows:

Line 156: change

this.listopts.css( 'height', ( this.optsCount + 1 ) * ( this.size.height + this.options.gutter ) );

To

this.listopts.css( 'height', ( this.optsCount + 1 ) * ( this.size.height + this.options.gutter ) - 10);

and line 156 change

top : self.options.rotated ? self.size.height + self.options.gutter : ( i + 1 ) * ( self.size.height + self.options.gutter )
    To

top : self.options.rotated ? self.size.height + self.options.gutter -10 : ( i + 1 ) * ( self.size.height + self.options.gutter -10)

Let me know how it goes.

rherder Friend

Hi,

I was also looking for this. And.. it works.
    BUT: now the space below the last item stays very large (in Mozilla, not in Safari).
    Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Reinder

1. Schermafbeelding-2015-03-05-om-13.20.16
    Ninja Lead Moderator

This thread has been done for long time 🙂

About the problem on your site, you can give me the URL of your site. I will help you to check it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum