Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have the following blocks in my template:

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘header’) ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘masthead’) ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘navhelper’) ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘spotlight-2’) ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘mainbody_cen’) ?>
    <?php $this->loadBlock(‘footer’) ?>

The spotlight-2 block is included to show a submenu module before the main article on “extra small” screens. This module should be absent on all other screen/window sizes.

Unfortunately, when I assign a position to this block – corresponding to the target position of the menu module and “hide” the position on all but “extra small” screens in the “Responsive Layout?”, a gap is introduced on all pages.

Please see attached image.

Is there a way to fix this?

When the block is given the position “none”, there is no spacing problem

I can only leave the pages in this state for a few hours, but please see:

http://www.reverberant.com/cenuber/pos/presencial/linhas-de-pesquisa2

Thanks,

1. space
    surdo Friend

I don’t know if this is the best way to do it, but I edited the definition of .container in /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/bootstrap.css to:

.container {
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    padding-left: 50px;
    padding-right: 50px;
    padding: 4px !important;
    }

The value of “padding: 4px !important;” is new. Seems to be OK. Couldn’t get it to work putting the same thing in a new file /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/custom.css without losing previous changed made in templates/ja_nuevo/css/custom.cs. I tried copying these changes over to /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/custom.css, but couldn’t get it to work.

surdo Friend

I don’t know if this is the best way to do it, but I edited the definition of .container in /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/bootstrap.css to:

.container {
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    padding-left: 50px;
    padding-right: 50px;
    padding: 4px !important;
    }

The value of “padding: 4px !important;” is new. Seems to be OK. Couldn’t get it to work putting the same thing in a new file /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/custom.css without losing previous changed made in templates/ja_nuevo/css/custom.cs. I tried copying these changes over to /templates/ja_nuevo/local/css/custom.css, but couldn’t get it to work.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Have sorted it out? I checked on your site and saw it’s working fine

1. Screen-Shot-2015-05-18-at-17.39.15
    surdo Friend

Thanks – yes. I’ll try and close the thread now.

surdo Friend

Thanks – yes. I’ll try and close the thread now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  surdo 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum