Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I love the portfolio functionality. It’s very clean and easy for the most part. I am stumped however on one thing.

For some reason, the Extrafield Portfolio Layout tab disappears when I set the article within a category which has a parent. Basically all articles set within child categories make that tab disappear, which is frustrating because that tab gives me the ability to change the Grid Size of the intro image within the portfolio layout. If I set the article to the parent category (Portfolio), the tab reappears along with the Grid Size functionality This means that I can only set the Grid Size for articles with the main portfolio category. How can I enable the ability to set the grid size for any article no matter if it’s category is a child category within a parent category (Print, Web, Logo, Miscellaneous)?

I need this functionality for all categories.

I’m further confused because I see that the default sample data does indeed show multiple grid sizes for articles within child categories. How was this accomplished? When I click to edit the articles, the tab is not showing… :((

My category hierarchy:

Portfolio (Parent) >

Print (Child of Portfolio)
    Web (Child of Portfolio)
    Logo (Child of Portfolio)
    Miscellaneous (Child of Portfolio)

The Portfolio Menu item is set to the Parent “Portfolio” category.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Zechariah

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Zechariah,

To enable the “Extrafield Portfolio Layout” tab for required articles please open their parent category -> “Extra Fields” tab and select “Portfolio” for the “Extra Fields Group” parameter:

Hope this helps,

Regards

Alex

1. enabling_extrafield_portfolio_layout_tab
    zdmdesignz Friend

Excellent, thank you 🙂

alexsmirnov Friend

You are welcome and happy joomlarting 🙂

Regards,

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum