Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I would like to show the link of the source of the article on the frontend, just below the introtext. Is it maybe possible?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can find and see it from templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/article/default.php file

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can find and see it from templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/article/default.php file

giusti2 Friend

Thank you Ninja … but I don’t know what to do. I am sorry can you maybe tell me what to do? Thank you

giusti2 Friend

Thank you Ninja … but I don’t know what to do. I am sorry can you maybe tell me what to do? Thank you

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@giusti2 488977 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you Ninja … but I don’t know what to do. I am sorry can you maybe tell me what to do? Thank you</blockquote>

You can use with my solution below

Open templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php file

find and change

<!-- Item content -->
    <div class="content item-content">
    <?php echo $introtext; ?>
    </div>
    <!-- //Item content -->

to

<!-- Item content -->
    <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" title="<?php echo $atitle ?>" class="item-link"><?php echo $introtext; ?></a>
    </div>
    <!-- //Item content -->

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@giusti2 488977 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you Ninja … but I don’t know what to do. I am sorry can you maybe tell me what to do? Thank you</blockquote>

You can use with my solution below

Open templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php file

find and change

<!-- Item content -->
    </div>
    <!-- //Item content -->

to

<!-- Item content -->
    <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" title="<?php echo $atitle ?>" class="item-link"><?php echo $introtext; ?></a>
    </div>
    <!-- //Item content -->

giusti2 Friend

Hi Ninja. I have updated the Ja Wall template and now I do not see the Source Link anymore. I made the changements above, but does not work. Can you maybe help me? Thanks

giusti2 Friend

Hi Ninja. I have updated the Ja Wall template and now I do not see the Source Link anymore. I made the changements above, but does not work. Can you maybe help me? Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@giusti2 503163 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Ninja. I have updated the Ja Wall template and now I do not see the Source Link anymore. I made the changements above, but does not work. Can you maybe help me? Thanks</blockquote>

In this case, you need to PM me the credentials of your site i.e: URL, admin account. I will help you to check it directly on your site.

giusti2 Friend

1st of all … HAPPY NEW YEAR 🙂

For some reasons I can not PM you. There is no button and no link to PM you.
    Please tell me how can I send you my credentials for the problem of the source link as described above.

Thank you

Ninja Lead Moderator

@giusti2: You can send me the credentials info via Set as private reply if you still need to help.

giusti2 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I fixed the problem on your site as:

• Open both files
    templates/ja_wall/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php
    templates/ja_wall//html/com_content/featured/default_item.php
    • find and change
      </div>

to

<?php if ($params->get('link_titles') && $params->get('access-view')) : ?>
            <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" title="<?php echo $atitle ?>" class="item-link">
                <?php echo $introtext ?></a>
        <?php else : ?>
            <?php echo $introtext ?>
        <?php endif; ?>  
    </div>

Now, you can see the link is working under intro text on your site.

giusti2 Friend

Hello Ninja. Thank you very much for your help. I saw the changement you made in the files, but I do not see the souce link under the introtext. In the template settings I set the popup previe to NO, but now I can still klick on the articles. Do you maybe have the possibility to check it again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum