Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

My latest post displays as title but the rest of the posts on news page display in category order even though i’ve changed the admin.content.php file to list content in date order only.

my site is transplant team ireland.com (no spaces)

I have also changed the mod ja news file tline 449 to
    . “n ORDER BY f.ordered ASC limit 1”;

But still no luck
    Any ideas? Not much good having news site with all latest items down the end of homepage

weeklycolumns Friend

Anyone have any ideas? I really don’t want to have to change this template.

weeklycolumns Friend

Is there any other way of getting tech support besides this forum?

weeklycolumns Friend

Anyone at all?

cwigg Friend

Hi,
    How about me? No reply from this forum generally means they dont think it’s a template problem.
    I dont know janews, but I noticed something similar with items on my front page. Have you checked the mainmenu item for the front page? Verify that primary order is most recent first?

weeklycolumns Friend

thanks for trying but yeah, I’ve selected Most Recent First in the menu. Doesn’t make any difference.

I don’t think it’s a non template issue…

bigrk Friend

What’s your url?

weeklycolumns Friend

transplant*team*ireland .com no asterix
    cheers

bigrk Friend

So I guess you didn’t like the way JA News handled the categories and you wanted to have the most recent story appear in the Today area and then drop down from there into the category areas and then to somewhere else. Is that correct? If so, why not use the blog for that purpose? And if not correct I wouldn’t think that the JA News Module can be configured in this manner. And if all of this is on target you should PM one of moderators or JA staff for help. If you did that then maybe you should PM them daily until someone responds. Let me know if I am way off base an my assumptions here.

weeklycolumns Friend

Thanks again for reply. yeah, that’s more or less it. I want the latest story in main area and the next most recent story below. I guess I could get rid of the NEws module but I like the way the posts are displayed – tabs etc

I thought News module should display the items whatever way they are listed in Joomla.

Are you suggesting I remove the News module and just use a regular News page?

bigrk Friend

No I’m not suggesting that you get rid of anything. 🙂 I just think that what you want to do might be more work than you first thought and that is why no one really tackled this problem here in the forum. Like I said you could PM one of the owners here at JA and see if they have anything they could offer in the way of advice or open a new thread in the Paid Request forum and see what somone has to say there. By the way, which version of JA-News are you using?

weeklycolumns Friend

cheers, I got rid of the module now and all displays as I want – albeit less attractively.
    Surely there must be a way the module replicates the order that posts are displayed in joomla
    thanks anyway, will PM a mod

weeklycolumns Friend

No reply to PM from mod.

Seriously, who ever heard of a news template that won’t display items in chronological order? There must be an easy fix for this.

kashxo Friend

Hi, weeklycolumns.
    Please consider me as JoomlArt Staff and PM me your problems clearly. I will get it solved ASAP for you.
    As I read above, seem like you have make it done in your way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kashxo 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum