Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I really would like to see something that comes like Aluma Photography by Shape5. It should only be better. It should be more than that, so a complete Music, Photo and Videosales Solution coming in different styles and with a lot more functions that Aluma Photography does not bring. Aluma Photography also has an unfixed major IE bug the developer officially deny the existence of, so there may be a problem to use Aluma when needing a serious commercially used photography showcase and sales site. Maybe some site that is using Highslide a lot more than the other templates here and something that is fully utilizing the JA Extensions that matter to showcasing photography and art. Something that also can handle thousands of pictures at ease, as I see that Aluma might only be something for the serious hobbyist, in regards to the module called VM Quick Category, only useful for a few categories and files or one looses the overview fast.

I think you already have seen the site, but anyone who does not know yet, here is the link:

http://www.shape5.com/product_details/club_templates/aluma_photography_-_october_2008_joomla_club_template.html

I think to create such a solution when the new VirtueMart Version 1.2 will be released, will or would be the wisest option. It is from my perspective worth a consideration.

zorroh Friend

i’ve seen that aluma template and i like it, but i truly belive that JA can do better template.. so, my wish is also virtuemart shoping cart for photographers. today is some photoselling scripts but they are very expensive.

zorroh Friend

whether there is any hope in this regard?

bigrk Friend

I think a photographer portfolio combined with Magento to make sales is an excellent idea!! I already have a use for it. This is an idea to consider JA. I know many that would consider an upgrade to the Joomla enviornment for a well laid out version of this idea.

🙂

zorroh Friend

In the JM forum was the same topic, and as I got to understand, there is a high expectation to actually see it soon.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/magento-photo-selling-template/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zorroh 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum