Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to put a module in the middle or more prominent part of a page

I have installed a text ticker for my site but would like to place it in the middle of my centre section of content insted of the banner position at the bottom of the page is there anyway of doing this

http://lisbon.directrouter.com/~peacockq/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=76

Thanks in Advance:-[

instantinlaw Friend

Why don’t you publish it to user 1 position?
    But if you search the threads here, I seem to remember a thread about adding a module position to the index.php.

mfcphil Friend

Instantinlaw

Thanks for that tip that template actually had user 1 2 and 5 at the bottom of the page so I changed everything back to an original one.

It does look better on the top of the page though

http://lisbon.directrouter.com/~peacockq/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=76

Thanks you as always

mfcphil

perdu Friend

Hi,
    You can load a module directly inside your content/articles, you may find depending on the module output that you need to place the code inside a table or something to make it look pretty though. Here’s the instructions I cut & paste ages ago from the joomla forums ages ago for reference:

1) Go to “Site Modules” (in your admin area)
    2) Edit the module you want to display in the main area
    3) Set a position where no other module is, say “user7” *
    4) Save that module (and make sure it is published)
    5) Go to “Site Mambots” (also in your admin area)
    6) Make sure the Mambo “Load Module Positions” is published
    7) Create/Edit the content item that you will/have linked to
    8) Write:

Code to put in your content/article (change the user7 to what ever module position you use):
    {mosloadposition user7}

*Alternatively you can create a new module position by going to Site/Template Manager/Module Positions

EDIT: Also make sure that the module is set to display on “All” or the required pages.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@perdu 27209 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    You can load a module directly inside your content/articles, you may find depending on the module output that you need to place the code inside a table or something to make it look pretty though. Here’s the instructions I cut & paste ages ago from the joomla forums ages ago for reference:

1) Go to “Site Modules” (in your admin area)
    2) Edit the module you want to display in the main area
    3) Set a position where no other module is, say “user7” *
    4) Save that module (and make sure it is published)
    5) Go to “Site Mambots” (also in your admin area)
    6) Make sure the Mambo “Load Module Positions” is published
    7) Create/Edit the content item that you will/have linked to
    8) Write:

Code to put in your content/article (change the user7 to what ever module position you use):
    {mosloadposition user7}

*Alternatively you can create a new module position by going to Site/Template Manager/Module Positions

EDIT: Also make sure that the module is set to display on “All” or the required pages.</blockquote>

I followed this step by step and it works like a dream

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum