Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    i am sorry if my question is stupid but i am not able to see the translation.
    I have in the back end try to modify my file in the language customization in ja bord component : without effect on the admin.

I have tried to modifie the en-GB com jaboard in the admi/language/en-gb without effect
    Ihave alos tried to modify th previous files in fr-FR in the admi/language/fr-FR folder without effect.

What have i missed?

Regards

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Please play with installing Translation Manager Lite from http://freestyle-joomla.com/products/utilities/translation-manager and have another go at your Job Board French localisation:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

1. jobboard_translation_with_translation_manager_lite
    2. com_jajobboard
    juansolos Friend

Ok but it is a commerciale extension.
    Why am i not able to use the fr-FR.com_jaboad.ini as i use for the module?

It seems JaJob boad doesn’t care of anything.

alexsmirnov Friend

<em>@juansolos 433749 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Ok but it is a commerciale extension.
    </blockquote>

The Lite version if free (as in free beer) for download:

Regards,

Alex

1. translation_manager_lite_free_4_download
    juansolos Friend

Thanks seems working like a charm.

I don’t know this component. What happen in the next JaJob board update? Will i lose all my translation?

Regards

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Glad to see your are getting on nicely with your JA Jobboard French translation.

To your question. Our JA Jobboard installation pack contains only English language folders and files. So, updating JA Jobboard to the next version should not override your French language folders and files but to be on the safe side, please do backup your translation the first thing after you created it.

Regards,

Alex

juansolos Friend

Hi,
    maybe i have missed something. I don’t anderstand why some sentenses are translated and someone no.

The sentense Admin Dashboard on the top left of the admin stay in english . I change it in the french AND english files no change, why.
    And it is like that for several words.

Another thing, for the form field i can change the Field label, the Field label for the english language and the Field label for the french language. Fine but it dont care of my french translation only The first field is important it seems.
    The same for the tooltip.

Regards

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

You are right. I played with translating JA Jobboard administrator interface into my native Russian and, just as yourself, found that my ru-RU.com_jajobboard.ini file is missing some labels. They actually reside in /administrator/components/com_jajobboard/views/jaview/menu.xml:

Also, if you are translating JA Jobboard language via “Freestyle Joomla – Translation Manager Lite” and would like to see translated strings propagate into the user interface as you translate them, please make sure that you saved and published the language file under the “Freestyle Joomla – Translation Manager Lite” interface:

Hope this helps and have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Alex

1. translated_jajobboard_headings
    2. publishing_jajobboard_ini_files
    3. translating_headings_strings
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum