Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Trying to get to grips with JAT3 ver. 2.0, and with to create some custom changes for JA Droid.

Now – as I understand it, the correct way is to create local themes by adding a new folder like this:

templates/ja_droid/local/themes/mytheme

and underneath “mytheme” creating css, html, images, blocks etc. and a info.xml – am I correct?

I have done the above, and then created a css/template.css file with a new and larger logo and uploaded logo to templates/ja_droid/local/themes/mytheme/images folder.
    Also in template configuration on “Profile”-tab I have selected “mytheme” under “Theme settings”.

But – my custom changes in templates/ja_droid/local/themes/mytheme/css/template.css does not take effect?!

Using developer tools, I can see that my templates.css is not even loaded!

What am I missing? I have read http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Theme_Variations but can’t find the problem in my setup!

Any ideas? Do I need to create ALL posible folders underneath templates/ja_droid/local/themes/mytheme even if I don’t have any changes/new css files to put in there?

Kind regards,

PS: Should also mention, that I created theme directories by using FTP client, and uploaded templates.css manually – and not via install of theme package. Could this be the prooblem?

Khanh Le Moderator

As you describe, you do the right way to customize/extend T3v2 template. I’ve also made a test on our side and the override theme work fine. Can you give me more information through PM (your custom themes, your site url…) so I coud figure out what’s problem.

zorroson Friend

Khanh,

Many thanx for your reply!
    How embarrasing this is, I have to say that I’ve just found out the reason for my problem. Having worked with this issue all evening, I now realize that as I worked with multiple browser tabs open at the same time, I never left the template configuration page or even never pressed “Apply” in the upper right corner. I was under the impression, the pressing “Apply” after choosing my local template in “Profiles”, was saving the configuration, but I now see that it is not done until pressing “Apply” as usual in the right corner…:-[

Many apologies for taking you time with such a rookie mistake!

Cheers,

Khanh Le Moderator

Great to hear that it works :). I also sometime make some very simple mistakes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum