Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, search forum but no answer.

My JA-News module problem is :
    TITLE below & TEXT are below the image. (i try using both {mosimage} & Insert Image, same problem happen)

I want solution to make it :

1. Title appears at the top of image.
    2. Text/description displayed side-by-side (on the right of image), not at the bottom especially for my 4 categories subnews.

really need your help ASAP.

Thanks.

Khanh Le Moderator

In file modules/mod_janews.php, search following code (around line 318):

echo $image. "n";

Move this line after the next line.

prakdis Friend

thanks Khan Le,

1. yup it work for a while for the 1st news. After rotation, starting from the 2nd news, it back to set the title below the image again.

2. while for 4 categories below the main rotation news, when I write some content, all content will be displayed on the right of the image but not v-aligned at the top.

pls assist.

thx.

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@prakdis 34885 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, search forum but no answer.

My JA-News module problem is :
    TITLE below & TEXT are below the image. (i try using both {mosimage} & Insert Image, same problem happen)

here is my problem :
    http://ruamthai.net/JA-News.jpg

I want solution to make it :

1. Title appears at the top of image.
    2. Text/description displayed side-by-side (on the right of image), not at the bottom especially for my 4 categories subnews.

really need your help ASAP.

Thanks.</blockquote>
    I’m not sure if wrapping due to a wide image may be causing this to occur. Try using a smaller image, say 100×100, just as an experiment to see if the text moves to the right of the image as you expect. There is a help topic someplace on this forum that explains how to hide intro text when the Read more… or Title link is clicked. Why might this help in your situation? Because you can use a smaller dimension image in the intro text (shown in JA News rotation), and then the full sized image when the reader clicks the Read more… link.
    One note on what I just typed- on my website, this will only work with new articles. Editing existing articles doesn’t work for me.
    Hope my post gives you some insight.

prakdis Friend

ok, I solve problem no. 2 by using Section instead of Category.

how abt problem no. 1, any solution ?

thx

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@prakdis 34969 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok, I solve problem no. 2 by using Section instead of Category.

thx</blockquote>
    Here is the link for possibly “fixing” your issue:
    http://forum.joomlaworks.gr/index.php?topic=1118.msg3946#msg3946

rjscott2005 Friend

<em>@prakdis 34969 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok, I solve problem no. 2 by using Section instead of Category.

thx</blockquote>
    Can you explain in more detail how you solved problem no. 2? Maybe a screen shot?

prakdis Friend

thx.

for prob no. 2, just go to the Site Module
    click at JA-News module
    then modify Group by Category or Section to “Section”
    in “Category (Section) ID”, select your category ID if u want it to be specific

& for the contect item, (Content>Content by section>your content secion>Content item)
    make sure that u set image aligned to the left & caption at the top.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  prakdis 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum